• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Arena not being built at CFB Kingston

AJFitzpatrick

Inactive
Reaction score
Not sure if this the right spot for this. Feel free to move.

I am wondering if there is any publicly available documentation regarding the rationale for the decision to not build a 2nd ice surface at CFB Kingston in association with Queen's University. Not saying it is a bad decision just wondering what the reasons were.

Thanks

Well I see quite a lot of people have had a look at this without being able to answer the question so I am beginning to think that there isn't anything public about the decision. If it is not out of bounds I'd ask what are the rumours. Just to clarify I am not a journalist, just a grad student at Queen's who enjoys being able to walk across the street to the arena.

What are you talking about?

I was under the impression that the on-campus facilities are remaining on campus.  The new PEC is being built behind the ILC and the arena won't be moved for a few years yet (the PEC is scheduled to finish in 2010 or so).

It is called too much money.  All costs would be borne by CFB Kingston.

Shamrock said:
What are you talking about?

I was under the impression that the on-campus facilities are remaining on campus.  The new PEC is being built behind the ILC and the arena won't be moved for a few years yet (the PEC is scheduled to finish in 2010 or so).

http://lenya.adv.queensu.ca/queens_centre/news/
Current schedule is that current Jock Harty arena comes down this Summer (Phase I will be occupying the space) and the new rink is to be completed 2012 as part of phase II. The University is supposedly guarantying ice availability for the Varsity teams but nary a mention of recreational use nor has there been any mention of just where that ice is going to be. The PEC will survive until the new one is finished just not the rink  : ::)
Clergy street between University and Division is going to be closed and The new facilities are going to cover most of the resulting block bounded by Union, University, William, and Division.

I should say that this project has already been delayed so who knows what will actually happen

Back