• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks to Milnet

Happy Guy

Reaction score
I wish to thank all who actively contribute to this discussion forum.  I have been OUTCAN since 2011 and MILNET has allowed me to more or less keep up with what is happening back home.  Based on the information that I have gleaned here and from friends I have said a silent prayer of thanks.  I have been spared from suffering through another organizational name change in NDHQ (CJOC), missed the reinstatement of the Royal designation, and the renaming of the Areas to Divisions in the Army.

I am glad to learn that I now wear the Canadian Army uniform and not the Land Environment uniform.

I am very surprised to learn about the change to the Army rank insignia and I don't know when this is going to happen.  Perhaps I'll be one of few remaining guys still wearing the stripes until I return home.

Anyway thank you again.

Cheers

Our pleasure, and I'm glad you have found the site informative.

Interestingly, when I was living in the US for a while, I used the site* to keep up with current events as well. It's amazing how easy it is to feel cut off when you are outside of Canada!

* Or one of it's predecessors, the old War Diary / Canadian Army Mailing List

Back