• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thank You From The Heart

17thRecceSgt

Although it has been a busy night with MPs, and the like, I thought I would take a moment to thank the person who added to my day by stealing my f$$king wallet from my room when I was 50 feet down the hall putting my uniforms in the wash.

You have added to my night.  I now have many things to do tomorrow, and I like a challenge.

Thank you for proving that some people are rotten, low life, bottom-dwelling SOBs that can't be trusted to wipe their own a$$.

To all the people out there, who only think of themselves, and steal things like...my wallet, with the pictures of the daughter I don't get to see in PEI, my Regimental Prayer, Leadership Principles card, Esso Card, BlockBuster membership and everything else I need to live day to day, thank you.  A special card my loved one had given me once.  I hope my new Drivers Licence comes in handy, for jimming open the door of the next poor bastard you rob.

Thank you for making me remember why I have had the ability to smash people in the head if they needed it.  After my 36th birthday, I thought I was going soft.  I now realize, I still have it in me.

Pretty rotten when the people you serve beside are robbin' ya blind.  What the hell is wrong with people.

Next time, take the laptop you idiot.  Its worth $2600.  My JM/Russel belt knife is on the 2nd shelf in the 1st closet, if you were looking for it, but in a hurry.  The Swiss Army knife my sister actually bought for me in Switzerland is where it always is, on my TV by the helmet.  You may have to scratch out my name that is engraved on it else you draw attention to yourself.

:rage:

Come back and visit, you remember me...Rm 218?  Just knock and smile.  Hope you like soup...

GODDAMNIT I HATE LOSING WALLETS!

I know EXACTLY how you feel dude.

It's hardly about the money.. It's about everything else that lives in the wallet. Turn the wallet in, say "i found it lying on the ground" and keep the money no one will care.

By the way did you cancel any credit cards that were in the wallet?

It isn't active...thank god.

Yup.  Take the cool $15 in cold hard cash.  Give me back muh stuff.

I am more concerned about the type of person who can do that.  Add that to the fact that they are in uniform, and then I am REALLY pissed.

I can replace most of the stuff.  What about the rubber f$$k monkey who will go around rippin' people off?

No integrity.  There's someone you want coverin' your 6.

::)

I only wish I could've caught the freakin' ba$tard coming out of my room...no phone calls to the MPs would have been required.

Just the Base Hosptial.

Hope you catch the bum that took it...and then beat him with his own shoes.

I know exactly how you feel, I was ecstatic when some one stole my brand new ipod from the NDHQ gym last night. I just wanted to find them and give them a huge hug.

They're everywhere...thieves, I mean...

I recall losing a $250 set of Oakley's. I set them down on something while washing one of the trucks so I wouldn't get them full of grime (They're Oakley's, right?) Finished washing the truck, had a leak and when I came back they were gone! Two guys in the Hall at the time and I knew one had a history of light fingers.

I said nothing. I replaced the Oakley's and went on, for a while...

I left them sitting out in the coffee room one day and walked away from them. Came back, gone again. This time I just went to my locker and removed the tape from my camera and brought it to the Boss.

Oakley's replaced.
Thief disgraced.

I work in a profession based on alot of trust, as do Military members, to think that sort of thing happens is maddening, disgusting and truly affects your confidence in those you serve with. I wasn't so mad about losing the shades, I was shocked that one of my so-called "brothers" would stoop so low.

Hope it all works out for you, hope you catch the SOB, hope he rots in hell, hope he reads this, hope he has a long and prosperous career as a buddy F*cker.

It'll catch up with him, trust me.

Edited to add: I didn't lose anything of sentimental value, realizing this I thought I'd point out that I wasn't trying to draw that comparison between my situation and yours. They're similar in that we were both victims of theft by someone we trust, a comrade. Hope you get the priceless things back.

'BLANKET PARTY' in the future MRM? Maybe he has an IPOD and an MP3 in his possession too.

I remember I lost my wallet last year, only like $20 in it, nothing of any importance. Hate to see what I could do to someone who would do this to me again!  ;)

Well, may as well update this one.

Retraced my steps this morning, nothing.  Ended up at Base ID Section as advised by MPs last night.  They told me to report to the MPs in Windsor, as my wallet had been "turned in".

Long story short, after a goose chase that involved pretty much every building and the OOD and one confused MP Cpl and myself, the wallet was found in one of the Reg Offices on Stad.

Story goes like this...a cleaner apparantly "found" the wallet at the North End Pub (roght across from Main Entrance at Stad).  She handed it over to the Reg Office.  After an hour of tail-chasing and hunting cleaners down, I asked 2 of the cleaners out for a smoke if they knew where "Judy" was.  Found out.  Went to building. Wallet was there...minus cash, and coins (Army.ca coin, Brigade coin, etc).  Everything else, all IDs, was there.   Moved around and out of order, it had been gone thru, but there.

Either one of the cleaners took it, stripped it and they know the system enough to know how to prevent the MPs from keeping the case open, or some slimeball took it, stripped it and chucked it at the NE Pub.  I don't get why the MPs don't follow up with interviews to the person who supposedly found it, etc.  Not to sound ungrateful, cause I am certainly am.  I am also alittle suspicious of the how and results.  

Although this ended in my favour (I have my IDs and can hit the highway to SJ tonight after work), there is still the idea that some scumbag is out there...but I have a plan for that....bait.   Proof.  Footage.

Time to hunt   ^-^

Had to add...it REALLY pisses me off that people can take like that.  Christ, if you NEED the $15 that bad, ask me for it.  I give change to the homeless folks on Spring Garden when I have it on me.  Now I REALLY would be mad if this caused me to miss my weekend with HLs.  Annoying me is one thing.  Stealing from me is another.  STEALING my time with HLs is punishable by death to me.

If it was a civie cleaner, oh well, to me atleast.  I can almost understand that...

Someone in uniform??

:rage: 

Someone got away with it once.  I am sure they will be back.  Maybe they will think I am just stupid or something. 

Let the games begin. 

I wouldn't blame it on the Gottengen St.  I actually feel for some of the people who are the "have nots" i see there every day.  I can understand why they need the $15.

This was someone who is either A) employed as a cleaner, and makes a wage from the tax payers or B) is in the service of our country, and is a thieving SOB that needs to be caught, exposed and charged. 

Either case A or B, these folks have a job and an income. 

Anways.  I am just pissed and planning now.  I just gave myself my Wng O.  8)

I remember being an air cadet on course in CFS Yorkton in '73.  We had a barracks thief hit within the first couple of days--and because we had the barracks wing all to ourselves, we were certain it was one of the people on the course.  The next day, we got the official welcome speech from the station CO, A LCol named Nicholson IIRC.

He did the normal "welcome-to-the-base-behave-and-you'll-have-a-good-time-here" type thing.  Then he ended with these words.  "I understand you have a thief in your barracks.  In the event you find him, my only stipulation is that he's still breathing when you bring him to the guard house."

Funny thing: there were no more thefts after that.

Mud Recce Man,

I left home when I was 17 with just an Adidas bag and my purse. Over the next few months those who offered me shelter would take a little bit here and there. It hurt the most when I found things missing from my purse for many of the objects were beyond priceless (items such as those found in your wallet) and I had so little to start with. Least to say I have no tolerance for those who take items that are not their own and I also put liars in this same category.

What I have learned is......not to place my love in items but in my memories for those can not be taken from me. I have also made sure that I set a very high standard of care when dealing with other people's possession for each individual values items in different ways. I have also found that what comes around, goes around! You might not be there to witness it, but the universe will always correct the in balances in life.

Hunting this person down to do bodily harm is not an answer, but to locate them, turn them in and in a very calm manner, tell them how it made you feel to find your daughter's picture missing, your coins that are a symbol of brotherhood and then state your personal preception of this bastard......then let it go.

Cheers  :salute:
Sue

I remember working in a bar,  dt Toronto 90% of the time if a wallet went missing we'd just run around and check the garbages and behind the toilets and find it. It was an eye opening experience,  I've caught three thieves when I worked there.  (two caught dead to rights - I was watching them, the other caught by evidence. (Same ratty 20 dollar bill I just handed to someone else who just lost his wallet)

One of those guys was staff. It has been my experience that it is usually very easy to catch thieves,  one stereotype is that they're the ones who are always worried about being stolen from.  They don't really make that much from stealing,  it is more likely for excitement.  I think the camera thing is the best idea.  Motion sensors are a great gift.

A year ago I turned in a wallet I found laying on the street.  It had no money in it,  just ID and personal papers.  The policeman asked me if I wanted to leave my name in case I wanted a reward I briefly thought about the hassle I might get if I did.  *ug*  I know allot of people wouldn't turn wallets in if they had to deal with instantly becoming a suspect.

Back