• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Terrorist Assaults on France (Jan 2015) - Charlie Hebdo, Executed Police, Gun Fights and Hostage Tak

Jed said:
I don't believe this is  one of the main driving force in other major religions such as Christianity or Judaism.

At least not anymore. In the past … well, just ask the South American natives, amongst others.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I suggest that making it illegal for ANY religious organization to receive funding from outside of Canada would be a good starting point and a reasonable limit on freedom of religion.
I don't know what if any financial support the Vatican supplies to the faithful here in Canada.  They might object, hell, I expect that there would be some screams from many places.  Personally, I like the idea myself.

I'd like to see the Saud brand of Mosque banned from Canada to being with, that might be a more effective method or making sure hate preachers, like A. Choudrey from the UK, stomped on with extreme prejudice by all legal means possible and expelled from our shores.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
At least not anymore. In the past … well, just ask the South American natives, amongst others.

Conquest, cash, and conversion in that order. Somewhat different.

I agree with Jed. There is no singular point in Christian or Jewish scripture that compels "belief or death". That being said, there's sure to be fanatics who subscribe to that position, we just don't see them going around shooting people.

Reports on various MSM outlets like BBC, CBC etc that the police are storming both terrorist locations right now.  Gunshots and explosions are being heard.

Word of police assault on the printing plant alleged to be where "The Two Bro's" ....
French anti-terrorist police stormed a small printing works in northern France where the two chief suspects in Wednesday's attack on a Paris newspaper had taken hostages, explosions and gunfire ringing out around the building.

The building in the small town of Dammartin-en-Goele, set in marsh and woodland, had been under siege since the gunmen abandoned a high-speed car chase and took refuge there early on Friday. A helicopter hovered overhead.

A third gunman has taken hostages at a Jewish supermarket in Paris demanding the two be allowed to go free.

“At the time of speaking, police forces are in the process, I hope, of apprehending the perpetrators of this act of savagery and making sure they can do no more harm,” Prime Minister Manuel Valls said.

No further details of the security forces' late afternoon operation were immediately available ....
.... with initial word of hostages being freed in the Jewish store hostage taking.

Bbc is reporting that the two brothers are dead.

Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30752239

Awesome news.  Hope the two in the deli meet the same fate.

CBC is providing live updates and photos from various sources on their news site.  Photos from the Deli are coming through.

Colin P said:
99% of the Muslims are not "healthy" Most are like abused spouses and require being "re-educated" They grow up hearing that Jews are pigs, Christians are beneath them and vassals. Woman are nothing but property. My wife grew up with this education, even in a moderate Islamic society, she said to be me last night that it's taken 15 years living in Canada to "Deprogram" herself and she is steaming mad at these bastards and the fact that a Saudi funded mosque has opened up near us, because that is where the plague starts

I find myself agreeing with you. The problem is the religion of Islam. It's not a few bad apples spoiling it for the rest.

Kudos to the French security services for ending this threat to the public.

Looks like 4 dead at the other scene.  Including the gunman.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/newsalert-police-officials-at-least-4-dead-including-gunman-in-paris-kosher-grocery-hostage-crisis/ar-AA7WxRf

Latest from AP:
Brothers linked to the Charlie Hebdo attack, and another gunman with ties to the two, were killed following separate hostage-takings in Paris, which also left at least three hostages dead, police say.

Police confirmed the death of the two brothers, who had been cornered and holding at least one hostage in a printing house northeast of Paris, in the small industrial town of Dammartin-en-Goele. A hostage was freed safely.

A security official said the two brothers came out firing, prompting the assault on the building where they were holed up.

In the other hostage-taking, police raided a kosher market in eastern Paris where a gunman had taken at least five hostages. That gunman was killed in the raid, along with at least three hostages, police told the Associated Press. Reuters reported at least four hostages were dead ....

This looks promising.  Anonymous says it will avenge Charlie Hebdo attacks by shutting down jihadist websites.

The Telegraph full story link

Hacker group Anonymous have released a video and a statement via Twitter condemning theattacks on Charlie Hebdo, in which 12 people, including eight journalists, were murdered.

The video description says that it is "a message for al-Qaeda, the Islamic State and other terrorists", and was uploaded to the group's Belgian account.

In the clip, a figure wearing the group's symbolic Guy Fawkes mask is seated in front of a desk with the hashtag #OpCharlieHebdo - which stands for Operation Charlie Hebdo.  The figure, whose voice is obscured says: "We are declaring war against you, the terrorists."

They add that the group will track down and close all accounts on social networks related to terrorists in order to avenge those who have been killed.

George Wallace said:
OH MY GOD!......They are joining "The Establishment" in its "War on Terror".

What is the world coming too..... ;D

Famous French cartoonist Uderzo has come out of retirement to pen a tribute.  If you don't recognize his name, you may recognize his work.

PHO8587d86c-975d-11e4-9aed-e5d078f6b6d2-805x453.jpg

Dessins-hommages-a-Charlie-Hebdo-Uderzo_max1024x768.jpg

tomahawk6 said:
Kudos to the French security services for ending this threat to the public.

....quickly and efficiently.
:salute:

Brasidas said:
I think the Waffen-SS are well past their best before date.

You're proposing an effectively expendable unit of western-equipped and -controlled forces whose welfare folks wouldn't give a damn about?

Nothing of the sort. I was referring to the tactics the SS et al employed.

Back