• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Terrorist Assaults on France (Jan 2015) - Charlie Hebdo, Executed Police, Gun Fights and Hostage Tak

Damn, I was  hoping by your "that didn't take long "  it was that the 2nd Directorate types had already located the turds and flushed them.

Colin P said:
A very graphic video is on the french sites showing them executing one of the police officers.

The video is absolutely horrible, hard to watch. I hope they find these bastards.

from a french news site here in Canada , they are saying that the women who let them in the building said they we're speaking fluent french , and they we're claiming to be there in the name of Al Quaida.

source : http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/lemonde/archives/2015/01/20150107-142319.html

I don't want to take this for a definitive answer but , this is the new report I've read there

jollyjacktar said:
Damn, I was  hoping by your "that didn't take long "  it was that the 2nd Directorate types had already located the turds and flushed them.
Not yet, but they appear to be getting closer (original in French - translation from Google Translate) ....
Attack Charlie Hebdo, the three suspects were identified

ATTACK - According to our information, the three wanted by the police after the attack occurred Wednesday morning in the offices of Charlie Hebdo were identified.

The car of the attackers had been abandoned after the attack on a street in the 19th arrondissement of Paris. Photo: AFP

Their names and dates of birth are in police hands. Wednesday night, hours after the terrible attack against the newspaper Charlie Hebdo, the identities of the three suspects were known to the police.

This would be three men aged 18, 32, 34 years. The two thirty, of French nationality, are brothers born in the 10th arrondissement of Paris. They are named Said and Cherif K .. The nationality of the younger Hamyd M., homeless, was not known. The latter was registered in 2014 Terminal S in a school in Charleville-Mezieres in the Academy of Reims (Champagne-Ardennes). The Union stated in the Ardennes in late afternoon as RAID went towards Reims.

One of the alleged assailants, K. Sherif would be well known to police. He was tried in 2005 for being part of a jihadist sending die in Iraq, "the Iraqi chain of the 19th district of Paris." With a dozen others, it would, between 2003 and 2005 prompted a dozen young people from fighting in Iraq. He was arrested in 2005 when he was about to leave himself in Iraq. At the time, he explained to the president of the court "More departure approached, I wanted to go back. But if I dégonflais, I might pass for a coward," said the president of the court Cherif K.

that last part is poorly translated.
It should say something like: Cherif K was known by police. He was convicted to 3 years in jail for being part of a group that would send Jihadists to Iraq between 2003-2005. He was stopped himself as he was about to leave for Iraq (back in 2005). He explained as the time drew nearer to leaving, he wanted to back out but couldn't/didn't, as he would have been be seen as a loser/soft.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-magazine-attack/paris-attack-suspect-dead-two-custody-u-s-officials-say-n281761

Faster than I expected... 1 suspect reported killed, 2 in custody.

EDIT: Hopefully this is true. NBC is the only one reporting it so far.

Tonight we are all Charlie as it were.
  My condolences  to the families of those murdered .

“I am not afraid of retaliation. I have no kids, no wife, no car, no credit. It perhaps sounds a bit pompous, but I prefer to die standing than living on my knees,” – Stephane Charbonnier, the publishing director of Charlie Hebdo.

This explains a lot, as to how two policemen were EXECUTED in Paris.

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/01/07/french-police-offers-forced-to-retreat-from-gunmen-because-they-were-unarmed/

French Police Offers Forced to RETREAT from Gunmen Because they Were UNARMED
January 7, 2015 By Greg Campbell

Though the left loves to focus on the possible destruction that can be wrought by firearms, what is missing from their carefully-crafted narrative is the simple fact that each and every day, guns save lives.

When danger strikes and a person calls 911, begging, praying that a police officer- a “good guy with a gun”- will get there in time, that person is hoping for a neutralizing force to save them. That force is a firearm.

When deranged jihadists swarmed upon the headquarters of Charlie Hebdo, a satirical magazine, in Paris, France, on Wednesday, several police officers who could have helped stop the jihadists as they exited the building did not because they had elected to not carry the necessary tools: firearms.

As the gunmen exited the building after slaughtering innocent people in the name of Islam, two police officers encountered the gunmen and were forced to retreat.

Evil triumphed because the police were unarmed.

Paris police officers are allowed the option to carry firearms; however, many do not.

Such a brutal and sad story illustrates several key points; one, Islam may very well be a religion of peace, but too many of Islam’s followers are far from peaceful.

And two, the world is filled with the sick and the deranged and those who promote a “guns cause violence” narrative are complicit in such acts of brutality as they have helped create a target-rich environment for murderous thugs.

GK .Dundas said:
Tonight we are all Charlie as it were.
  My condolences  to the families of those murdered .

Moi aussi, monsieur. Je suis Charlie.  :salute:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/07/europe/france-satire-magazine-gunfire/index.html

one of the three suspects surrendered to the police force !!!!

still looking for the 2 brothers as we speak !!!

the disturbing part is that we have no strategy on how to deal with radicals....be they Islamic or any other kind.
Our "politically correct" society doesn't want to hear the truth....that some Muslims - and others - are extremely dangerous and need to be dealt with.

krimynal said:
one of the three suspects surrendered to the police force !!!!

still looking for the 2 brothers as we speak !!!
Reportedly spotted in northern France ....
Two armed suspects in the Paris shooting in which twelve people were killed on Wednesday have been located in northern France, AFP quoted sources as saying on Thursday.

According to a report in French daily Le Figaro, the suspects were recognized by the manager of a gas station near Villers-Cotterêt ....

Meanwhile, ANOTHER cop killed ....
A policewoman was killed in a shootout in southern Paris on Thursday, triggering searches in the area as the manhunt widened for two brothers suspected of killing 12 people at a satirical magazine in an apparent Islamist militant strike.

Police sources could not immediately confirm a link with the killings at Charlie Hebdo weekly newspaper which marked the worst attack on French soil for decades and which national leaders and allied states described as an assault on democracy.

Montrouge mayor Pierre Brossollette said the policewoman and a colleague went to the site to deal with a traffic accident. A car stopped and a man got out and shot at them before fleeing.

Witnesses said the shooter fled in a Renault Clio car. Police sources said he had been wearing a bullet-proof vest and had a handgun and assault rifle. However, one police officer at the scene told Reuters the man did not appear to fit the bill of the Charlie Hebdo shooters ....
Condolences to the families, colleagues and friends ....  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:

And a bit more detail on the bro's via the New York Times:
When Chérif Kouachi first came to the attention of the French authorities as a possible terrorist a decade ago, he was in his early 20s and, according to testimony during a 2008 Paris trial, had dreamed of attacking Jewish targets in France. Under the influence of a radical Paris preacher, however, he decided that fighting American troops in Iraq presented a better outlet for his commitment to jihad.

On Wednesday, Mr. Kouachi, according to investigators, returned to his original plan of waging holy war in France. Along with his older brother Said and a third French Muslim of North African descent, he was named as one of three who were involved in an assault on a satirical newspaper in Paris that left at least 12 people dead.

(....)

Libération, a French newspaper, described Chérif Kouachi as an orphan whose parents were Algerian immigrants. It said he was raised in foster care in Rennes, in western France, and trained as a fitness instructor before moving to Paris, where he lived with his brother Said in the home of a convert to Islam. He held menial jobs, working at times as a pizza delivery man, shop assistant and fishmonger.

He was first arrested in 2005 in connection with a case centered on Farid Benyettou, a 26-year-old janitor-turned-preacher who gave sermons calling for jihad in Iraq and justifying suicide bombings. Among Mr. Benyettou’s would-be recruits was Chérif Kouachi, then 22, who was detained as he prepared to leave for Syria, the first leg of a trip he hoped would take him to Iraq.

Brought to trial in 2008, he was presented by his lawyer, Vincent Ollivier, as a confused chameleon who, when not attending classes on jihad by Mr. Benyettou, smoked marijuana, listened to rap music and described himself as an “occasional Muslim.”

The Iraq recruitment group, known as the 19th Arrondissement network, sent at least a dozen Parisians to fight in Iraq, prosecutors asserted.

Chérif’s interest in radical Islam, it was said at the 2008 trial, was rooted in his fury over the United States’ invasion of Iraq in 2003, particularly the mistreatment of Muslims held at Abu Ghraib prison. Chérif was given a three-year sentence for involvement in a network that recruited young French Muslims to fight alongside Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq who was killed in an American airstrike in 2006. Having already spent three years in pretrial detention, he was swiftly released.

Funny how the US mistreatment at Abu Ghraib prison apparently is worthy of retaliation, but the decades of torture and murder there by Saddam is given a pass.

And out of nowhere, a US politician weighs in...

And people wonder why he never gained momentum in his own presidential bid...  ::)

Howard Dean: Paris attackers not ‘Muslim terrorists’

Published January 08, 2015

Former Democratic Party head Howard Dean objected to calling the shooters in the Paris attack "Muslim terrorists," though the attackers were witnessed shouting "Allahu akbar" as they fired.

Dean, speaking Wednesday on MSNBC, argued that they should be treated as "mass murderers" instead.

"I stopped calling these people Muslim terrorists. They're about as Muslim as I am," he said. "I mean, they have no respect for anybody else's life, that's not what the Koran says. And, you know Europe has an enormous radical problem. ... I think ISIS is a cult. Not an Islamic cult. I think it's a cult."

The journalists targeted in Wednesday's attack worked for a satirical publication known for lampooning the Prophet Muhammad. A video shot from nearby captured one attacker shouting in French that they had "avenged" the prophet.

Dean, a former Vermont governor and presidential candidate, said they still should not be accorded any "particular religious respect ... whatever they're claiming their motivation is, is clearly a twisted, cultish mind."

[...]

Source: Fox News

If they survive arrest and see a conviction at trial it's time for France to bring back the Guillotine or reactivate Devil's Island.

S.M.A. said:
And out of nowhere, a US politician weighs in...

And people wonder why he never gained momentum in his own presidential bid...  ::)

Source: Fox News

I don't think he's in left field. We do know that one of them was convicted for sending men to Iraq for jihadi training. We can assume that his actions were religiously motivated, but it is still an assumption, at this point in time (probably a correct one).
They are mass murderers, and calling them "muslim" terrorists, the same muslim as say, my colleagues one and two cubes away would be kind of ridiculous. But that becomes semantics at that point I guess.

cryco said:
I don't think he's in left field. We do know that one of them was convicted for sending men to Iraq for jihadi training. We can assume that his actions were religiously motivated, but it is still an assumption, at this point in time (probably a correct one).
They are mass murderers, and calling them "muslim" terrorists, the same muslim as say, my colleagues one and two cubes away would be kind of ridiculous. But that becomes semantics at that point I guess.

Why?  Nobody hesitates to call Westboro Baptist Church a bunch of Christian extremist nutjobs, because that's what they are.

So let them. Doesn't mean they're right.  The Westboro baptist church  are simply whack jobs that think they're christian. I certainly don't consider them Christian. They can call themselves that, I can't stop that, but they're hate mongers.

Back