• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Telus is going to charge customers $0.15/per incoming text message

That just brings up the point to talk to the reps nicely. I used to work in a call center and someone that would come on the phone screaming and yelling and wanted to hang up ASAP but if the person was nice enough to explain calmly their situation and stuff I would much easily give a credit to.

I had a 20 dollar a month plan with Telus and asked if I could get a little more for my money.

I was paying 20+SAF+911+Tax for 200 minutes

Now I got 17.30+SAF+911+Tax for 200 minutes, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 6pm, voice mail call display

For people who would like this plan, call up nicely and say you are with the Canadian forces :p That's how I got it.

Also for the original post about incoming text messages you can call Telus and ask them to block all text messaging from your phone. Since I only use mine for talking and find texting way to long and pointless now I have no problems.

Klinkaroo said:
That just brings up the point to talk to the reps nicely. I used to work in a call center and someone that would come on the phone screaming and yelling and wanted to hang up ASAP but if the person was nice enough to explain calmly their situation and stuff I would much easily give a credit to.

I had a 20 dollar a month plan with Telus and asked if I could get a little more for my money.

I was paying 20+SAF+911+Tax for 200 minutes

Now I got 17.30+SAF+911+Tax for 200 minutes, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 6pm, voice mail call display

For people who would like this plan, call up nicely and say you are with the Canadian forces :p That's how I got it.

Also for the original post about incoming text messages you can call Telus and ask them to block all text messaging from your phone. Since I only use mine for talking and find texting way to long and pointless now I have no problems.

Or a student, that's what I used. I called and got Voicemail + CID free (which I was previously paying $12/mo for), and they tacked on 250 text messages per month free. Telus' Loyalty and Retentions is a godsend to those of us who are thrifty.

I'm not a mobile phone user, but have had to use one when working in Australia and the place I lived didn't have a land line.

You Canadian mobile users have to get up, march in the streets and give the companies bloody heck because you're getting screwed in rates.  I only paid for outgoing calls and texts, so rarely used my phone and just used it as a 'mostly free' receiver.

A group on Facebook has been active on this, first reported in the news on 30 July...

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=dd810b0f-a003-4973-89b3-27de536dd255&p=2

"The backlash to the "Text Message Cash Grab" was so fast and furious that Industry Minister Jim Prentice weighed in, publicly criticizing the new pricing policy of the telecoms and summoning top executives to Ottawa to explain themselves before Bell is scheduled to go ahead with its plan on Aug. 8."

So far there are 7 groups on this subject on Facebook, the largest with over 35,000 members (as of today):

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=text+message+cash+grab&n=-1&k=400000000010&sf=r&init=q

Group: I’m against the text message cash-grab
Size: 35,764 members
Type: Organizations - Political Organizations
New:317 More Members, 2 Board Topics, 9 Wall Posts

Nieghorn said:
I'm not a mobile phone user, but have had to use one when working in Australia and the place I lived didn't have a land line.

You Canadian mobile users have to get up, march in the streets and give the companies bloody heck because you're getting screwed in rates.  I only paid for outgoing calls and texts, so rarely used my phone and just used it as a 'mostly free' receiver.

Quick Question, about your billing. Did you have a plan of like so many minutes outgoing or did you just pay as you go? Also did you get SAF and e911?

Back