• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tax returns while in the CAF

Paul Gillman

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm in need of my Tax Returns from 77, 78, 79. I was in Lahr, W\Germany at that time. I can't recall how we did our tax returns in the military. Would Ottawa have records there as they do with all civilian tax returns?

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Ummm.... national archives.... make an access to information / protection of personal information request

Paul, I remember that Pierre did them for a lot of the guys. His last name escapes me right now, but he was an H&R Block guy and I'm pretty sure he was with C Bty.  Did he do yours?  I know that it was not a DND service.  Some folks "helped out" but it was nothing official.

If I recall correctly, you would have filled in your Income Tax using the Ontario Forms.  I am sure that your records may be archived somewhere in either DND or Revenue Canada, but thirty years is well past the time that one should keep their personal records (ten years is usually the max required).

Have you tried a detailed request through the Freedom of Information Act?

Hey Bruce...Can't recall Pierre doing them.....But then again, not much I can recall from those days..nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more.. ::)

Ok, I'll contact National Archives and Revenue Canada tomorrow, thanks all.

Have a Great Christmas...

Paul.

Back