• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Photo Thread

5 Cent Tattoos on Dalhousie

Wow, that is some awesome work with fantastic color and detail.

I like the idea of a previous poster with the claw marks simulating torn skin with the  :cdn: inside.
If anyone has something similar , I'd like to see a pic.

He must have spent hours tattooing in all those little reddish-white lines all over your leg

So your a fan of "The Saint" as well? That looks deadly mate, my idea at the moment is for something a little smaller on the inside of the ankle but of the same character. Theres something about that little stick figure and his halo thats really attractive for a tattoo

Sitting at 4 Right Now and Some verycareful thought went into each one, well okay i wont fib, three were careful thought one wasn't so "careful"
Backs of my calves in olde english lettering is my clan motto "Veritas(left calf) Vincit(right calf)", to Remind me its my family that helped me to stand and become the man I am now

My Right Forearm is inked "FOREVER" with my last three right below the final R on my wrist as a tribute/commeration of Myself and 6 close friends who've known eachother for a decade plus now and are all now in the CF together, they all have the same on their arms with their l;ast 3 varying on each, it also reminds me they've always been there for me in one way or another and Ill always be the same for them

my chest is done with a curving scroll that reads  "Dulce Et Decorum Est, pro Patria Mori" As a Dedication to myself and My Country and the fierce pride i Have in this nation.

my only one that wasn't too well planned is a dashed line just above my elbow with script right above that reads "Elbow Deep", most people automatically assume Im some sort of deviant whos into weird sex acts, but after i give them my reasoning they see it differently, My two reasons are "If Im in it, be it shit or otherwise Im in Elbow Deep" as well as I own horses and sometimes ya gotta get in an' flip a foal so it a'int born backwards.

I have one final work in progress though, two 8 hr sittings back to back in September will be covering my back from belt to base of the neck with St Micheal floating off a battlefield carrying a smoking C6, and sporting shredded wings and a tattered shield, the background is the battlefield itself with a Herc in one corner dropping a stick of Jumpers (a dedication to all my Family and Friends who are/were Airborne) and a Scroll reading "Saint Micheal Protect me", as well the Archangels face is being fineline portrait worked off a photo of my Father, who even though laughs at my tattoos and thinks im nuts, has been the biggest influence in my life and guided me through many rough patches before and after i left home.

As Far as shops go, Make sure their Clean as all hell and you can trust the staff and have faith they can carry out your design to a T
If in Edmonton, stop by Urge 2 Tattoo on Jasper Avenue, Run by a good friend and former instr of mine John Faulds, great work outta his shop and all his artists are top notch.
In jasper, go to old mountain studios and see stella, incredible artist whos doing my backpiece, and quite clean.

Just my .50 tattoo addicted bits

I'm not the biggest fan of the Saint, though did see a few episodes on repeat when I was a kid.  I first ran into Northampton Saints rugby team adapting that logo, and I liked the idea because I'm one of those rare 'goody two-shoes' rugby players who doesn't drink, doesn't sing the rude songs, and doesn't look for any biffo with the other team.  :)  (I'm a Wasps fan, so changed the colours ... got that ages ago.)

When I got a bit older, I wanted to fill in the space around my leg and came up with the idea of a 'saints' theme, so drew two others for the the other sports that take up much of my time.  Canoeing is one, as you have seen, and mountain biking is the other ....

NewZealand-RoundOne185.jpg

There's a lot of empty space around the rugby player right now, and I don't have a picture of it.  Now that I know how good this artist is, I'm going to get him to put in a set of goal posts and see what he thinks about a low-detailed section of a stadium/crowd in the background.  Hope to get that done in December.

Those are really awesome. I love them. You've really got me thinking now.
Great stuff

Those are great, Nieghorn.
I'm not usually a huge fan of coloured Tattoos, but those are awesome!

Cheers. :)

Funnily enough, neither was I!  I went in with those saints drawn as they're shown, and thinking more along the lines of silhouetted trees, etc.  The artist said, "I like colour.  What would you think of some colour?"  ... described his ideas and I was sold.  Initially I was a little wary, but as it all came together I just kept saying 'wow .... wow'  :)

Being the resident army.ca tattoo hater, I just had to post this. ;)

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/248673

Aug 22, 2007 04:30 AM
Carola Vyhnak
Staff reporter

A $10 million class-action lawsuit has been launched against an Oshawa body art studio after thousands of people were urged to get tested for blood-borne diseases because they may have been exposed to dirty equipment.
The lawsuit against Longhorn Custom Bodyart Studio was filed in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Whitby Monday on behalf of Oshawa resident Kaleb Beaulieu, who received a tattoo at Longhorn in July.

The action includes everyone who received a tattoo or body piercing between Nov. 17, 2006, and Aug. 1 of this year, when the studio's equipment sterilizer was alleged to have been malfunctioning on and off.
Durham Region health authorities warned that possible use of non-sterile equipment could lead to transmission of HIV and hepatitis B and C and sent letters to 2,400 people, urging them to see a doctor and get blood tests. The 530 results that have come back so far were all negative, said spokesperson Glendene Collins.

Beaulieu, a mechanic in his 20s who had a lion's face tattooed on his forearm, said he's worried about his test results. "It is always in the back of my mind that I might have a disease," he said in a statement through his lawyer. Beaulieu expects to get his hepatitis results in a week but says conclusive tests for HIV will take six months.
Longhorn, which has been in business 16 years, was closed Aug. 1 by health inspectors for eight days after a routine visit revealed the machine used to sterilize multi-use instruments hadn't been working properly. The machine has since passed daily tests ordered by the health department, Collins said. The studio has been ordered to do bi-weekly tests for the next two years.

The statement of claim alleges negligence on the part of the studio and its owner, Hugh Towie. The sterilizer was being operated at lower than the required 132C, "such that Hepatitis B and C and HIV could have survived the steam treatment," the claim says.
The lawsuit still has to be certified by the court as a class action. None of the allegations have been proven in court. No statement of defence has been filed.

Towie called the lawsuit a "crock." "There are no problems whatsoever and in July there were no problems either." When the shop reopened Aug. 9, Towie's wife Kim said a technician fixed the machine in July. "It was just a screw that needed adjustment. The temperature was supposed to reach 132 but it only got to 128."

Bruce Monkhouse said:

Hmmm, somehow I resemble that residency remark!!   ;)

I should, I guess (not), post up pics of mine just to drive you bonkers ...

Here are my other two...

6fqtb1y.jpg

This was my first one.  I got it on my 19th birthday, while living in Guelph, at a local shop of ill-repute.

6c7qebp.jpg

This is my right calf. It was done in 2003 in Turkey by a female artist.

Bruce Monkhouse said:

Meh,

Party pooper.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/4024/post-187678.html#msg187678

Not all of the Mods are prudes, but I have to admit that tattoos DO NOT last forever.

'specially in our business.

dileas

tess

Tess, you still have 1/2 a tattoo and it looks better than the thunder chicken that some of the guys ended up with.

dangerboy said:
Tess, you still have 1/2 a tattoo and it looks better than the thunder chicken that some of the guys ended up with.

Cheers brother!

Some of the others did end up with big fat aissed turkeys on their arm!

dileas

tess

ArmyVern said:
I should, I guess (not), post up pics of mine just to drive you bonkers ...

I'm tempted to post mine because I love to show them off.  But I think I will wait and see if the theme for the next photo contest is along the lines that it is being pushed in.

I've had some PMs from people that have seen my latest and suggest that I should post it.  So here it is:

P7030003.jpg
P7030001.jpg

Airmich.... nice... anything on the flip side or are you unbalanced? :)

Thanks geo!  Any unbalancing is countered by the weight of my anchor tat.  That was my first and is in an undisclosed location!  My 2nd was the sun (upper back).  The symbol is Leo.  Which led to the thought for my 3rd, the Lion, which is on my lower back.  Which gave me the idea for the maple leaf arm one.

n511002998_43436_1981.jpg
P4240083.jpg

Back