• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Talk to a recruiter?

Goeta

Inactive
Reaction score
I have always been interested in joining the military, but I am now going to college in September for Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning. I was planning on going into the trades because it makes good money and the times are very loose. But I've been really been doubting weather or not I want to give up my opportunity to go into my dream job in the CAF. Long story short, I'm trying to figure out if I went through the schooling if there's a job in the CAF that has to do with what I am studying.

Thanks,
Potential Recruit

Goeta said:
I am now going to college in September for Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning.

I'm trying to figure out if I went through the schooling if there's a job in the CAF that has to do with what I am studying.

All Things Plumbing & Heating Tech (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/63108.25

RM tech  REFRIGERATION AND MECHANICAL SYSTEMS TECH
https://army.ca/forums/threads/110051.0

Hey everyone I am thinking about going to talk to a recruiter, but I'm not sure if I'd be wasting their time. I am in my first year of college and want to join the military when I finish in 2 years. I am just wondering if I can do stuff part time, or do basics in the summer. I am just not sure if I should talk to the recruiter now or when I finish.

Goeta said:
Hey everyone I am thinking about going to talk to a recruiter, but I'm not sure if I'd be wasting their time. I am in my first year of college and want to join the military when I finish in 2 years. I am just wondering if I can do stuff part time, or do basics in the summer. I am just not sure if I should talk to the recruiter now or when I finish.

Go hollar at them, or lurk around here. Options exist and in fact the armed forces could help with your education.

It does not hurt to talk.
Abdullah

Goeta said:

Do you have an idea what service you want to join (Army, RCN, RCAF)? If you want part time then the reserves are for you. Go to your local armoury or Naval Reserve Division and talk to them. What city are you attending school, if you are uncomfortable telling this publically then you can DM me and I can help.

Goeta said:

The sooner you talk to a recruiter, the better. Chances are that the recruiting process could take a year.

I am a U.S. Citizen who is looking into migrating to Canada. I know I must first Gain citizenship to join the CAF, But my question is, Are there classes,certain jobs, college, or anything someone like me can do once in Canada to help benefit me for recruitment once I gain citizenship. And also I would be coming into Canada as a Rehabilitated person, as I got in trouble 10 years ago for Marijuana and have been changed my lifestyle for the better but my past charge wont let me serve in the U.S. military. Will the rehabilitation process i'm going through stop me?.  Also i had a very minor meniscus knee surgery over a year ago and have fully recovered no issues at all with full function of the knee with no issues will this be a issue. I been focusing on lately getting my cardio  up and staying fit for the process just encase i have a chance at joining.

Ruttek said:
I would be coming into Canada as a Rehabilitated person, as I got in trouble 10 years ago for Marijuana and have been changed my lifestyle for the better but my past charge wont let me serve in the U.S. military. Will the rehabilitation process i'm going through stop me?. 

Enrollment Alcohol and Drug use questions
https://army.ca/forums/threads/130338.0.html

Ruttek said:
Also i had a very minor meniscus knee surgery over a year ago and have fully recovered no issues at all with full function of the knee with no issues will this be a issue.

That is for a Recruiting Medical Officer to decide.

"Unofficial site, not associated with DND or the Canadian Armed Forces."

Back