• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tak Vest Question regards to helmet clip to tak vest

JDMCRX

Inactive
Reaction score
Had a question. hooking the helmet onto the tak vest can be a pain in the butt. So I put a female clip on my tak vest in the center above the bannet holder and a Male clip on the back of the helmet. Is this allowable in the CF??

How about buying a $2.00 carabiner from Crappy Tire and hanging it from your Tac Vest like everyone else?

Regards

Recce By Death said:
How about buying a $2.00 carabiner from Crappy Tire and hanging it from your Tac Vest like everyone else?

Regards

Yup...If you really want to spend money and time on it, I bet you can probably find a camouflaged one out there somewhere to make you even more high speed  ;)

Benefits? Not only can you hang a helmet, but pretty much anything else. The whole female/male clip thing is a 20$ solution to a 2 $ problem.

Yeah i could that but the helmet I find tilts and gets in the way. Is this modification ok to use ? I could post a picture.

Well one way to find out...put it on...walk past your CSM.  If you are alive and can hear in both ears, it appears to be ok. 

;D

JDMCRX said:
Yeah i could that but the helmet I find tilts and gets in the way. Is this modification ok to use ? I could post a picture.

Ok :)

Iam in the reserves and alot of stuff fly's which is not what i like. I could always ask my dad he is a CWO but .

I will take a picture of it tomorrow.

roger that.

Asking y our father might be safer than sporting it on Ex once to see what the ol CSM thinks/does.

:salute:

JDMCRX said:

A WO in my regiment made a good point once, about helmets; "The best way to carry a helmet is on your head." Meaning, if you're in FFO, and you have your helmet with you, it might as well be on your head.  If you're in a situation where your helmet is not needed while in FFO, you might as well set it down.  And if you need to have your helmet with you, but not on, you're probably not doing anything where it would get in the way...

I would go with the caribbeaner idea over a fastex buckle for 2 reasons; 1) Simplicity and variable use; as was priviously stated; you can use the 'beener' for anything.  2)Fastex buckles are plastic... 'beeners' are usually metal... even a junk 'beener' will outlast a good fastex buckle.

Really, it comes down to Occam's Razor; "the simplest answer is often the correct one."

Hope that helps.

edited cause I'm a dummy and misspelled 'Occam'...

I still have my good old 'I am Canadian' carabiners hooked on to my keys, my Gerber, and various other spots.  They were free and have never failed me.  As for the asking your father statement, is he your 'boss' cause the only thing worse than getting dinged by your CSM, is to get dinged by you CSM and then say 'my dad said I could wear it'.  That would surely put you in his good books.. ;)

Advantage to the carabiner in that you can hook it pert much anywhere & hook up pert much anything.  That male female buckle thing requires that you have two components (semi) permanently in the one spot.  You do not have the freedom of hooking up anything else there - even if the need arrose.

As the piper has said, best place to keep your helmet is.... on your head

Bzzliteyr said:
I have hooked kit bags to my biner on certain occasions!!

He speaks truth.

One time I was hauling a rather fully stuffed duffle bag home from the armouries. It's about a 10 minute walk from wher eI get off the 95 bus to my house. Duffle bags can be awkward to carry. Anyway, I had a biner hanging off my vest, and realized I could wear the two straps like a backpack and simply biner them together over my breastbone so it would stay on more or less comfortably. Biners rock.

I know im not gonna tell the CSM oh my dad said so Laguh Out Loud. I asked him and he said ask your CSM everyone is different. Reason being is I am a VTECH and it requires me take off the helmet alot of times and to strap it to me and I dunno was going to try this to see if it Would be less in the way or not when working on a vehicle.

Il post pitures I have 2 carbiners on me at all times.

Thanks for the input guys.

Oh by the way the carbiner for holding the straps on the duffle bag works wonders.

PTE

Back