• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tacvest Mods

Rob,

Whatever you want to do -- I will leave it in your capable hands -- Art if you want it - PM Quag.

We can make a rotating ARMY.CA deployment kit loadout.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
No worries Kev.  I wasn't sure which way you wanted to go.  I will wash it when I get back and send it on its way.  Art when are you going to be here?

Just make sure I get my TT MAV and pouches back my friend.  Not that I don't want Art to have it but I'll probably need it.

I dont have much stuff left but if anyone needs other stuff shoot me a pm. I have some almost new Oakley and Bates M6 boots and other stuff.

Mike, come on.  I would like to think you know me better then to give out kit that doesn't belong to me.  Apparently Art is gong to be here soon.  I may just give it to Gunner to hold on to it.  P.S.  Kev, Mike thanks again.  Art your gonna need some grenade pouches.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Art your gonna need some grenade pouches.

If he doesn't get them sent to him, or pick them up in KAF, I could probably bring him some when I head over.

Well if we are begging for handouts, I will jump on the bandwagon and ask for some as I am heading over on 03-07.  I will not discuss our kit constraints but I am hoping I will be able to kit myself out well even though I am in the Armour Corps.  We might not do the same close in fighting the Infantry guys do, but I want to feel safe if ever the case arises.

If it's still intact, you can leave it at the KAF MMU, I'll pick it up for 1-08    ;D

DF

Yeah, I'm to lazy to do a search.  Anyone put the small pack small pouches on the sides of the TacVest?  Quite a bit more room.  There seem to be a lot of products out there that could easily be modified to fit.

Hey Garret,

Yeah I put the small pack pouches on my TV, they worked well there, much more room for stuff. I modified them a bit so that they sit a bit lower.

Garett said:
Yeah, I'm to lazy to do a search.  Anyone put the small pack small pouches on the sides of the TacVest?  Quite a bit more room.  There seem to be a lot of products out there that could easily be modified to fit.

I tried it on my last ex and found it a pain in the a**.  I mounted one of the smaller pouches to the spot that the C9 pouch/canteen pouch goes, and I found that it got in the way for almost everything.  It also made accessing things like my fmp, bino's, and BEW slower and annoying; let alone having to reach higher up to access those items.

It aint perfect but stuff doesn't fall out.  I don't trust the regular pouches at all.

OK I'm sure this has been asked 100 times already. but are we authorized and if not do they care if we do these mods cause I would like to but I'm still a FNG and I don't wanna get jacked up for heavily modifying my TV. I'd like an answer from anyone in 3RCR if possible.

:cheers:

ProPatria031 said:
OK I'm sure this has been asked 100 times already. but are we authorized and if not do they care if we do these mods cause I would like to but I'm still a FNG and I don't wanna get jacked up for heavily modifying my TV. I'd like an answer from anyone in 3RCR if possible.

Your best bet is to bring this up through your CoC. Anyone here can tell you "Yeah, go ahead" or "No, absolutely not", but in the end, your CoC is who has the final say.

I will tell you though, that any permanent modifications you make to the vest may be considered damaging kit, and you may be forced to pay for said piece of kit.

Thanks a lot dude I'll just go out and buy my own instead of worrying bout having to pay for that POS :rofl:

:cheers:

Another option for non permament mods

TT triple mag pouch attached to the loops for the bayonet frog and a CP Gear IFAK.  This is my back up incase something happens to my chest rig or for whatever reason I'm not allowed to wear it.

Don't usually carry the 2qt though, usually put my other 3 mags( or 2 if I got a mag in my A2) some misc stuff, an maybe a small bottle of powerade or whatever). Plus the 3L camelbak worn over top of the tac vest.

Back