• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tactical Armoured Patrol Vehicle - RG-31, LAV Coyote, and (partial) G-Wagon Replacement

So is that one of the 25 that were going to be held at each of the Area Training Centres or is that one of the vehicles that were never going to be allowed into Reserve hands?

I just chanced upon that article you have posted above, Colin.

I think its hilarious that one of the proposed "More Stories" at the bottom of the Global News article is tilted: "Those New Crossover SUVs Will Take Your Breath Away".
;D

I saw some these in Vernon last week. Huge vehicle for what purpose?

There is at least one armoured regiment employing them as cavalry to attack, block, guard, and “any job a tank can do”.

LunchMeat said:
For transportation... :D

I'm guessing you could fit about four anorexics in there, so assume they would be meant as transportation for Gurkhas :)

Having just finished Maple resolve (veh tech), most of our work has been Tapv's. I think only 6 coyotes came in for 2nd line stuff and most came in because of poor operator maintenance and bad 1st line diagnostic.

Tapv's on the other hand.. Oh lord.

I hope we get rid of them quick.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

MCG said:
There is at least one armoured regiment employing them as cavalry to attack, block, guard, and “any job a tank can do”.

For real?

.Fred said:
Having just finished Maple resolve (veh tech), most of our work has been Tapv's. I think only 6 coyotes came in for 2nd line stuff and most came in because of poor operator maintenance and bad 1st line diagnostic.

Tapv's on the other hand.. Oh lord.

I hope we get rid of them quick.

Are you kidding? Think of the position power the TAPV has just handed the maintenance branches!  :nod:

daftandbarmy said:
Are you kidding? Think of the position power the TAPV has just handed the maintenance branches!  :nod:
Rceme always had a position over the maintenance, but the leadership isnt there.

.Fred said:
Rceme always had a position over the maintenance, but the leadership isnt there.

I hardly think someone with less than 3 years of experience in the RCEME Corps can speak accurately on the Corps leadership or lack thereof.  I'll go to a just past OJT mechanic if my truck breaks because that is your lane and I value the work the techs do.

MCG said:
For real.  I have even seen a TAPV based firebase for a BG deliberate attack.

Somebody sure gets points for creativity. I will give them that.

MCG said:
For real.  I have even seen a TAPV based firebase for a BG deliberate attack.

Nothing like using a vehicle armed with weapons that have less range and stopping power than the vehicles they are supporting  :rofl:

Humphrey Bogart said:
Nothing like using a vehicle armed with weapons that have less range and stopping power than the vehicles they are supporting  :rofl:

As long as they're drawing fire away from the Infantry  :nod:

Failing donating them to Mali you could always attach snow-plows/barricade breakers to them and turn them over to the local authorities.... just the thing for Toronto's emergency services.

Just follow Germany's example.

800px-Elbe-Hochwasser_in_Dresden-Juni_2013-154.JPG

Unless you come in as a skilled tradesmen and bypass said ojt. But what do you know about it dear Log?
MJP said:
I hardly think someone with less than 3 years of experience in the RCEME Corps can speak accurately on the Corps leadership or lack thereof.  I'll go to a just past OJT mechanic if my truck breaks because that is your lane and I value the work the techs do.

Back