• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

T.O. judge orders Christmas tree out of lobby

So the courts are backed up for months and years, murderers get double time while they await trial but self-important clown judges like this one have time to get a Christmas tree moved?

Find out how much pay she earned while having that "confrontational symbol" removed, and dock it from her.

I see someone setting the stage for a public life in the near future - NDP candidate in a "diverse" riding perhaps.

Why can't public displays of Religion NOT be tolerated?  Heck, with gay marriage and Pride parades (which some find offensive) and all, I thought Canada was a MODEL of tolerance.  Apparently, I was wrong.
I guess we SHOULD have banned that Sikh student from wearing his ceremonial dagger to school.  Heck, ban all Sikhs from wearing their religious head wear.  I mean, some would find that offensive, right?  Jews wearing Jamulkes in public?  FOR SHAME!  Roman Catholic nuns wearing their habits on the streets?  They ought to be ashamed of themselves!

From this point forward, only wear approved, non-gender specific, non-offensive clothing.  That is all.

Signed, Big Brother

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
Why can't public displays of Religion NOT be tolerated?  Heck, with gay marriage and Pride parades (which some find offensive) and all, I thought Canada was a MODEL of tolerance.  Apparently, I was wrong.
I guess we SHOULD have banned that Sikh student from wearing his ceremonial dagger to school.  Heck, ban all Sikhs from wearing their religious head wear.  I mean, some would find that offensive, right?  Jews wearing Jamulkes in public?  FOR SHAME!  Roman Catholic nuns wearing their habits on the streets?  They ought to be ashamed of themselves!

From this point forward, only wear approved, non-gender specific, non-offensive clothing.  That is all.

Signed, Big Brother

Perhaps we should ban Judges from wearing Robes.

Politically correct or not, I am going to carry on wearing my tee shirt that asks "out of idle curiosity, are your parents siblings?"

George Wallace said:
Let's go even one step further and just ban judges......

From this point forward, only wear approved, non-gender specific, non-offensive clothing.  That is all.

Hmmm...sounds like a state someone named KIM Jong Il would create..

Law and justice are not always the same. When they aren't, destroying the law may be the first step toward changing it.

Hijack

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
Jews wearing Jamulkes in public? 

Anyone speak german here? Can't find a text in french or english about Jamulke,
in Google, and no image what is it?

Édith : nm, a friend found it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kippah

This is not discrimination against Christians IMO

As a christian.. I do not associate Jesus and Christmas Trees.....

I do not associate Santa with Christianity.
This is a bastardization of Christmas IMO.

Meanwhile, Dr. Robert Buckman, president emeritus of the Humanist Association of Canada, argues that the Christmas tree is not even a religious symbol.

"This is a simple, secular symbol of a festival period," he said. "It's like the pumpkin in Halloween. The pumpkin is actually reminiscent, apparently, of trying to scare ghosts and lighting jack-o'-lanterns and spirits coming into the house and all.

"But no one says you can't put a pumpkin on your porch unless you believe in goblins."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2006/12/14/christmas-tree.html#skip300x250

Dr. Buckman would appear to share Trinity's view.

Interestingly CBC radio was reporting that the woman that is head of the Canadian Muslim (Islamic) Congress was calling for the tree to be reinstated, for all muslims to put up Christmas trees and to celebrate Christmas with their Christian neighbours.

I wonder if Her Honour (tongue in cheek of course) has heard the term "Abuse of Authority"?

MM

Bobbyoreo said:
For those who don't celebrate Christmas....just call it a 6 foot air freshener.  
LOL...nearly wet myself!!! love it!!! ;D

There is an awesome IKEA commercial like that......

George Wallace said:

I don't think so George.... :eek:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/12/08/2687318.html

Kirkhill said:
Interestingly CBC radio was reporting that the woman that is head of the Canadian Muslim (Islamic) Congress was calling for the tree to be reinstated, for all muslims to put up Christmas trees and to celebrate Christmas with their Christian neighbours.
That is AWESOME.  I remember way back when in Cyprus.  I was in charge of this crew doing something, and it was Christmas Eve.  ANyway, some turks had to pass through or something.  (They did this daily under UN guard).  Their "leader" came to me, shook my hand, wished me a Merry Christmas and gave me a Christmas Card for me to pass on to the platoon.

God bless us everyone

Didn't we go through this nonsense last year??   I'm not Christian and I am not offended by Xmas trees, Xmas lights, Xmas carols on the radio, etc. etc..  They respect my holidays, I respect theirs, what's the big deal?   Last I heard the Christian faith represents the Canadian majority so it stands to reason that their symbols, religious or otherwise, would be the most prolific in our milieu.  

This sort of shite is more divisive than unifying. (I think I said that last year too - it still holds)

As for the judge.  She once again exemplifies that if the law is indeed an a**  those that enforce it  are a**holes.

It's ok for menorah and tree, but not creche...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/21/washington.nativity.ap/index.html

Officials fine with menorah, balk on birth of Jesus

OLYMPIA, Washington (AP) -- The state's Christmas tree controversy
has shifted from the airport to the Capitol, where the governor lit a menorah
this week, but officials rejected a Nativity scene.

Back