• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Swedish "Para" MAG

baboon6

Inactive
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this before, a C6/MAG58 with a short barrel and folding stock. Comments?

www.bellum.nu/armoury/Ksp58DF.html

Just wish it had a better stock - the Para stock sucks ass.

Presumably they will also have to issue some kind of machine gun optical sight with it?

Britney Spears said:
Presumably they will also have to issue some kind of machine gun optical sight with it?
gads, I hope not! (You were being facetious, weren't you?)

Huh? What would you aim the silly thing with, seeing as how it has no iron sights or front sight post and the Aimpoint is not adjustable for range, and presumably the red dot would be pretty big for a target at 500m (assuming it hasn't gotten a ranging reticle or some such)? Or am I missing something?  ???

Well now, obviously, the Sustained Fire Kit will make up for all of that.  ;D

Tom

Britney Spears said:
Huh? What would you aim the silly thing with, seeing as how it has no iron sights or front sight post and the Aimpoint is not adjustable for range, and presumably the red dot would be pretty big for a target at 500m (assuming it hasn't gotten a ranging reticle or some such)? Or am I missing something?   ???
well, seeing as it's an area weapon, I'd take the Aimpoint off, put some iron sights on it and proceed to enjoy myself thoroughly. I hate the entire concept of opticals on machine guns. For that matter, I don't like opticals on any firearm except in the defensive, or for specific roles. I take that POS M79 off my rifle at every opportunity and put iron sights on it.

That being said, I am a huge fan of the EOTech Holosight. Although, I wouldn't put it on a machine gun.

Actually upon closer inspection, it does have fold down front sights, so I suppose you could still attach iron sights. Sounds like it would be a PITA to get set up properly though.

I hate the entire concept of opticals on machine guns. For that matter, I don't like opticals on any firearm except in the defensive, or for specific roles. I take that POS M79 off my rifle at every opportunity and put iron sights on it.

That being said, I am a huge fan of the EOTech Holosight. Although, I wouldn't put it on a machine gun.

Word is the guys in the hills that night at the Medak Pocket were quite happy they had the C79s, since they didn't all have NVGs.

I'm not a huge gun nut or anything, so take this with a grain of salt. The Dutch also use Elcans on their C-8s (but not C-7s, go figure) and the big Elcan MGO on their Minimis. However, most of the time, the sight stays in the case as part of the EIS/SF kit, and it only goes on the gun on command. This eliminates the whole "half our sights are fucked when we get to the trg area  because they were banging around the back of a truck for 5 hours" problem, and if you put the sight back in the same spot on the rail, it should still be zeroed (that's what the pam says right?). Seems like a reasonable idea to me.

You are correct.  Same idea with the Carl Gustav, right?

Tom

Actually upon closer inspection, it does have fold down front sights, so I suppose you could still attach iron sights. Sounds like it would be a PITA to get set up properly though.
nah, not really. And more than worth it to have a weapon system as effective as the MAG functioning properly. I love machine guns (just an aside)
Word is the guys in the hills that night at the Medak Pocket were quite happy they had the C79s, since they didn't all have NVGs.
Yeah, it does come in handy at night, but I still prefer a peep sight, even then. An even better option is the monocular NVG with PEQ-4 laser. Or the EOTech Holosight (have I mentioned that I'm really quite fond of that thingie?) I can ask my WO, and get back to you, if you like. He was there. I haven't ever bothered him about that tour, though. And especially not that night.
The Dutch also use Elcans on their C-8s (but not C-7s, go figure) and the big Elcan MGO on their Minimis.
The Dutch can do whatever they like. But, we shouldn't copy their mistakes.  ;)  (We should do more exchanges with them, though, beecause they have the hottest women in NATO)

However, most of the time, the sight stays in the case as part of the EIS/SF kit, and it only goes on the gun on command. This eliminates the whole "half our sights are fucked when we get to the trg area  because they were banging around the back of a truck for 5 hours" problem, and if you put the sight back in the same spot on the rail, it should still be zeroed (that's what the pam says right?). Seems like a reasonable idea to me.
That's the theory, anyway. It's worked for me, because my C79 rides in my patrol pack until such time as I choose to mount it on my weapon. Which is seldom.

You know, it occurs to me, maybe we shold get something else. Hey, howzabout the EOTech Holosight? Anyway, back to the machine gun in question. I still want one.

does it come with sunglasses to lessen the muzzle flash?  man That baby must spit flames at the 1100/rds per min gas setting.... :dontpanic: :gunner:

Only thing better then a belt-fed machine gun is high explosives....

No problem is too big to be solved by the proper use of High Explosives..... hehehe

Please, hands off the clacker till I get back ;D :eek:

I asked a guy that's in the national guard for sweden (I forget what they call it though, but it's basically that) and he said that it's a very great machine gun to carry around. much lighter then the regular gpmg version (obviously).
Greg

If you were to read the book "On killing" you might have a better grasp of why the army is trying it stick optics on every small arm.

Back