• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Surviving the Cut and Two Weeks in Hell.

Wilamanjaro

Inactive
Reaction score
For those of you who haven't heard of the series "Surviving the Cut" I strongly suggest checking it out. There is an hour-ish episode for each of about 5 or 6 American special forces trades. A great watch. Get's me pumped everytime I see it. I'm quite sure that you can find them on youtube in 4 part videos of each episode.

Also check out "Two weeks in hell", it is a documentary of the 2 weeks of qualification for special forces. So each person you see in surviving the cut had to have already undergone the aptly named "two weeks in hell".

Tell me what you think and also if you know of any other shows like these, I love this sort of stuff.

I enjoyed watching Surviving the Cut, and there's actually about 12 episodes covering ranger school, pararescue, all the way up to the SF occupations that you don't typically see.

Just found out there is a second season! Waiting until april is going to be a breeze now. Thanks puckchaser.

Check out NZSAS First Among Equals and SAS The Search for Warriors.

Two documentaries available on youtube that follow candidates on selection for New Zealand and Austalian SAS respectively.

Check out "SAS: Are You Tough Enough?". You can find it on YouTube. Pretty awesome series!

I'll check out "Surviving the Cut", sounds pretty good.

If you go on youtube and seach user name fmcc0904 you will find every episode of surviving the cut as well as Two Weeks in Hell.

Both surviving the cut and two weeks in hell were great. Really gives a good insight on what those guy really push through.  :camo:

Truth, Duty, Valour: Pathfinders :cdn:-2 parts,45 minutes each.Good stuff.

I didn't know anything about pathfinders until that episode a few years ago.

Love watching that stuff too. Would love to see something about women in the military and how the experience is for them. 

Kitty said:
Love watching that stuff too. Would love to see something about women in the military and how the experience is for them.

Why?  Do you think it's different for us than for most guys?  ::)

eurowing said:
Geeze... I thought it said surviving the CAT! Carry on!
Old cats can be mean, nasty and scratch, but a little pu$$y (cat) never hurt anyone!

(note: that is an equal opportunity statement)
Chimo!

PMedMoe said:
Why?  Do you think it's different for us than for most guys?  ::)

Not at all but like all varieties of groups, be it a difference in age or gender, there are different experiences. A woman of 40, a woman of 20 and a man of 25 all experience the same event differently.  I just happen to be interested in what women have to say about their experiences as well.

http://www.soc.mil/UNS/Releases/2012/July/120703-02.html

ELEASE NUMBER: 120703-02
DATE POSTED: JULY 3, 2012

MEDIA ADVISORY: Rangers ‘Surviving the Cut’ episode premiere
75th Ranger Regiment Public Affairs

FORT BENNING, Ga. (USASOC News Service, July 3, 2012) – The Discovery Channel is scheduled to release a one-hour documentary that follows a class through the 75th Ranger Regiment’s Assessment and Selection Program.  The program is titled 'Hell and Back, Special Ops Ranger.'

The episode premieres July 8 at 9 p.m. on the Discovery Channel. Check your local listing for more information.

This is an unprecedented glimpse of initial training that every enlisted Soldier must successfully complete before he is assigned to one of the four Ranger Battalions.

Quick Facts:

Every volunteer Soldier must complete RASP 1 for duty with the 75th Ranger Regiment.
114 Soldiers started Class 5-12; 91 Rangers graduated.
RASP tests Soldiers physically and mentally from marksmanship and demolitions to Ranger First Responder and close quarter combat drills.
RASP is run by the Regimental Special Troops Battalion at Fort Benning, Ga.

Back