• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support the Troops T-Shirt

Servicepub

Inactive
Reaction score
With the blessing of Mike Bobbit these t-shirts will be offered on a one-time basis. A donation for each shirt sold will be donated to the Military Family Resource Centres.
The shirts are $30.00 each, postpaid anywhere in Canada or to CF personnel world-wide. They are available with white printing on Black, Green or Maroon and in a variety of sizes from XXXL to S.
For more information visit http://www.servicepub.com/tshirts.htm
PS . The dates on the front will be corrected to read 1899 - 2009

t-shirt%20front%20b.jpg

t-shirt%20backb.jpg

Nice shirt.  Sort of reminds me of my "USSR World Tour" shirt
Stalingrad, 1942
Berlin, 1945
Hungary, 1956
Czechoslovakia, 1968
Afghanistan, 1979

;D

Damn,

Both Cambodia, and Namibia are missing ....  :(

Sudan, Sierra Leone, East Timor ...

How about Turkey, Hondouras etc in recognition of the DART deployments??  :(

Agreed.  I think it would have looked way cooler (or rather much closer to what rock group shirt looks like) if they had made the print smaller, perhaps put it near the top of the back, and just stuffed it with EVERY place the CF has been.  Might we see some similar ones being printed by others soon???  I'm guessing yes.

How about a customizable version where guys who are over in one place (Afghanistan) put all the places that their company, platoon, etc. went?  Or even the ops that they took part in?  Along with names of our brothers/sisters who didn't come back at the very bottom.  I think that would be really cool.

I don't wear too many T-shirts, but I'm thinking this could really be a hit for the troops.

Bin

Hmmm,
yeah drop Golan, Cyprus, Sinai because they are covered under UN Peacekeeping (except maybe the MFO could warrant Sinai staying on as it's not UN, right?)

Add East Timor, I dont believe that was UN at first, and not peacekeeping anyway.  Sierra Leone is IMATT so that should go on as well...probably a bunch more, but really it's picking pepper out of fly poo.

Nice job!

AmmoTech90 said:
Hmmm,
yeah drop Golan, Cyprus, Sinai because they are covered under UN Peacekeeping (except maybe the MFO could warrant Sinai staying on as it's not UN, right?)
58 plus mission in Cyprus?  I wouldn't drop it, BUT if it's not cost-prohibitive, a customised "I've been here" T-shirt would be good!

Captain Sensible said:
Stalingrad, 1942
Berlin, 1945
Hungary, 1956
Czechoslovakia, 1968
Afghanistan, 1979

;D

You forgot the unofficial tours
Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia 1964-1972
Korea 1950-1953
Egypt
Syria
Angola
Nambia
and the last big official tour Chechnya  ;D

3rd Herd said:
You forgot the unofficial tours
Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia 1964-1972
Korea 1950-1953
Egypt
Syria
Angola
Nambia
and the last big official tour Chechnya  ;D
Would that be "USSR" or "Russia?"  ;D

Captain Sensible said:
58 plus mission in Cyprus?  I wouldn't drop it, BUT if it's not cost-prohibitive, a customised "I've been here" T-shirt would be good!

Can't drop the Golan then either ... it still went on for years after I spent my time there as Roto 67 ...  ;)

As was said earlier "this is like picking pepper out of fly shit". The shirt names will stay as is otherwise they will never be made.  The idea is to let the wider population see (and read) the missions and not to be all inclusive which would result in letters so small that only your significant other can read it.

Order now, I still need about 2 dozen orders in order to make this work.

Thnx,
Clive

I'll have to talk with my minister of finance (aka "She who must be obeyed" aka "my better half" aka "The Residential Sergeant Major") to see if I can order one, or two (one for her, one for me).  I like the KISS theory of keeping it simple.

Captain Sensible said:
I'll have to talk with my minister of finance (aka "She who must be obeyed" aka "my better half" aka "The Residential Sergeant Major") to see if I can order one, or two (one for her, one for me).  I like the KISS theory of keeping it simple.

Just call her 9er!! We all know that's closer to the truth anyways.

As for the shirts, I've already got enough shirts/sweatshirts/jackets/hats etc with my tour names on 'em. Some of my tours are listed on the shirt below and some aren't. Some of the missing fall under the "UN Peacekeeping" but some don't. It's the different tours I'd be interested in seeing.

But, they are nice.

Captain Sensible said:
Stalingrad, 1942
Berlin, 1945
Hungary, 1956
Czechoslovakia, 1968
Afghanistan, 1979

;D

I got the AK-47 World Tour t-shirt.  ;D

Why have the date: 1899 - 2008? I can only wear this shirt for a year before it goes out of date?

Back