• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support Our Troops - White Rock/ Vancouver local effort drive

career_radio-checker

Inactive
Reaction score
I like to keep in touch with what's going on in my home town of White Rock, BC and found a local group which is gathering trinkets to ship to the troops in Afghanistan. This is the first real support our troops campaign in that region and thought I would share it with everyone to brighten up there day.

I think you will really like them considering they are trying to send over that oh-so valuable commodity: 2-ply toilet paper  :D  :D  :D

http://www.themassagetherapist.org/troops/troops2.htm

and their feature in the local paper (under 'news' "Residents rally for troops")
http://www.peacearchnews.com/

NOTE: For the mods, perhaps you would like to create another category that strictly deals with local "support our troops" campaigns since there are so many and didn't know exactly where to post this thread.

Cheers, and have an excellent day
CRC

ok so these guys have just held a little fundraiser tonight at a local pub, but I am wondering would they encounter a problem with DND not being able to send all of the care packages they have put together? On DND's website there is a notice telling people not to send carepackages overseas. I know that space is extremely limited on the Hercs. But I just hope that they are able to ship this stuff over.

Question for anyone connected to transport: Who can Mr. Grant contact regarding sending this stuff over?

career_radio-checker said:
ok so these guys have just held a little fundraiser tonight at a local pub, but I am wondering would they encounter a problem with DND not being able to send all of the care packages they have put together? On DND's website there is a notice telling people not to send carepackages overseas. I know that space is extremely limited on the Hercs. But I just hope that they are able to ship this stuff over.

Question for anyone connected to transport: Who can Mr. Grant contact regarding sending this stuff over?

Probably no - one.

The new policy is that only parcels addressed to specific soldiers get delivered. Letter mail to "Any Canadian Soldier" still goes through though.

A group of people here in AB bought a LAV full of Kraft Dinner for the boys overseas - and the Army gave it to a food bank.  :-[

If these people are really interested in putting a smile on a soldier's face, my suggestion would be write a letter, throw in some gift certificates for timmies (they work in K'har) and wait for a heartfelt letter of thank you.

Back