• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support of Capt. Trevor Greene.

No question.....just a comment

• responses and support?

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • send your own.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
As a member of 1 Pl, A Coy and someone who only shortly prior to the incident, met Capt Greene, I hope and pray for his recovery. The prayers and thoughts of whole platoon are with you Sir and just keep fighting the good fight, Your a good man and the world still needs you!

No...haven't heard a peep.  ???

Regards

As a good mate of Capt. Trevor Greene, attacked and severely injured last month, I would like to say that Trev has always believed deeply about following his dreams of serving his country, in many different forms. We first met in Japan (Christmas, 1993) and have continued to hike, discuss business and enjoy the odd pint together, most rececently the night before he left for Edmonton, then Afghanistan, in January. His beautiful, young daughter continually enthralled my young daughter as the four of us adult parents enjoyed dinner and drinks.  
Trev's immediate family is truly amazing in their love and support for him during his recovery. His wife is more than everything a husband and injured soldier could ask for, at the hospital daily with their young daughter and beaming to eager ears with encouragement upon each slow improvement in his condition.    
I had the sincere pleasure of meeting his wonderful parents for the first time a few weeks ago, helping to re-introduce a mutual friend; well-moralled & discerning mentor of Trev's from his times in Japan.
Trev always told me before, during and after his training with the Canadian Navy THEN before and during his continued work with the Canadian Army that, mate, " I really want to serve my country."
Well, Trev, your best intentions are truly appreciated and I, for one, hope that your unselfish efforts are never forgotten, never questioned and never un-followed .
Keep-up the weekly improvements and please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Hope to see you up-and-well soon!  

Greg

Last report I heard about Capt Greene's condition is that he is continuing to improve. He is apparently conscious and able to open his eyes and read, but he has not been able to communicate verbally as of yet.

Slow and steady, but he is getting better.

combat_medic said:
Last report I heard about Capt Greene's condition is that he is continuing to improve. He is apparently conscioius and able to open his eyes and read, but he has not been able to communicate verbally as of yet.

Slow and steady, but he is getting better.

Thank God for that. I hope and pray that he has a full recovery.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/03/14/1487855-cp.html

By CAMILLE BAINS

VANCOUVER (CP) - A Canadian soldier who suffered severe head wounds in an axe attack in Afghanistan has gone from a drug-induced coma to quipping with nurses about his beer-drinking skills, according to his wife.
The recovery of Capt. Trevor Greene, a civil-military co-operation officer, after the incident on March 4 is detailed in a blog by Debbie.

She responded by telephone to an e-mail request for an interview and confirmed she wrote the entry, but she declined to provide any more details or give her last name.
"Some would say it is a miracle he has made it this far," she said in the entry, dated Wednesday.
She said Greene began physiotherapy this week at Vancouver General Hospital, where he was transferred after a brief stay at a U.S. military facility in Landstuhl, Germany.

Greene, 41, was attacked while he was sitting down for what he thought would be a friendly gathering of elders in an Afghanistan village.
He had put down his weapon and removed his helmet during the meeting when a villager in his teens snuck up behind him, pulled an axe from his clothing and struck him in the head.
Following the attack, the villager was shot dead, kicking off a firefight where insurgents threw a grenade and traded small arms fire with Canadian and Afghan troops.

"Every week we see improvements in Trevor's recovery - sometimes big, sometimes little - but the trend is definitely upwards," Debbie said in the blog that includes hundreds of postings from well-wishers, including Greene's childhood friends.
Debbie said Greene has begun eating a regular diet, including a daily latte, chocolate, sushi and fresh fruit.
"He is now in the longest chapter of the healing process - rehabilitiation."

Debbie described Greene's speech as "soft and a bit patchy," adding that a nurse remarked how the soldier told him: "Wow, you can sure suck back the water!"
"Having said nothing to her all night, he said, 'You should see me drink beer!' Hopefully that gives some comfort about Trevor's state of mind," the soldier's wife wrote.
From his classmates in journalism school at University of King's College Halifax, to colleagues Greene worked with in Toyko before he joined the Canadian forces and even a man who met him in a Vancouver coffee shop, countless people have posted e-mails to express their shock at what happened to Greene.

Postings on the blog describe him as a selfless and dedicated soldier with a great sense of humour and a love for music.
There's one from a family whose daughter dated Greene in high school, another from a man whose son played minor football with him 25 to 30 years ago and still another from a childhood friend who worked on a model airplane with the soldier when the two were kids.
"We went to Japan together in September 1988 and had some great times," said one posting.

"I was convinced he was never going to be able to learn Japanese! He proved me wrong, big time. I think he is the type of person that touches everyone he comes across."
Debbie said in the blog that Greene continues to receive letters and cards that will all be shared with him.
"Keep them coming, he'll get a great chuckle out of them one day."

Debbie said despite Greene's experience, she still supports Canada's mission to Afghanistan and that she'd known since he met him that he wanted to help the country's people.
"I don't feel any anger or acrimony towards the Afghan people for the accident," she said. "I don't believe Trevor would (either)."

"I have learned more about our involvement in Afghanistan and really feel that they need the help of our troops and the support of Canadians to enjoy the freedoms we often take for granted."

This is the answer to a lot of peoples' thoughts and prayers. Saw his Dad on TV this morning...what a great guy. God speed Capt Greene and a full recovery!! :cdn:

I was just thinking about this guy today and wondering how he's been doing. I haven't been able to find any info on how he might be.
Anyone know?

Rice0031 said:
I was just thinking about this guy today and wondering how he's been doing. I haven't been able to find any info on how he might be.
Anyone know?

You haven't been able to find anything because his medical condition is none of your business.  Should his family want to feed the morbid curiosity of the general public, they will issue a media advisory. 

In Australia a while back, I watched a program on CAPT Greene's slow yet positive recovery, and his wife was interviewed. So its not just a national story.

Get well soon mate!

Wes

Wes, I think that was for a different wounded soldier as I am unaware of any programs outlining Capt Greene's recovery.

Cheers,

No, it was the axe incident involving the CAPT, and the program dealt with a 16 yr old 'healer' from Vancouver, who was brought in to assist in his recovery. CAPT Greene was one of several in the story, which was a US televison program.

Does that ring a bell? Something like 60 Minutes, 48 hrs one of those types of shows.

Cheers,

Wes

I vaguely remember it being 20/20...  I saw it too...rather odd...  :-\

I too watched that program where the healer was brought in to work with Capt Green.

I haven't seen anymore info on his condition since then though.

I didn't mean to bring this up in a negative light.
I just hope the guy is doing alright.

Back