• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Such a cheater!"

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
No more handing MilPoints like candy at halloween I guess.

I will publicly admit to shamelessly handing out MilPoints to fellow AO players not based on post quality, but simply because I felt like helping out.

Now if I try to rate a post and give positive MilPoints, all that happens is that a new page appears with"You are such a cheater!"

Oh well.

Sorry Puckchaser, I apparently can still take them away though... I'll give it back to you when I can.

Could it be because of what this guy did? http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=33871

It is, but that's not the intended consequence... You guys are supposed to be able to give as always... I'll look into it.

I'm sure Mike won't make us all suffer because of a few tits.

In the meantime though, I'll be wearing my sad face... Dissident and a few other kind fellows were keeping my dreams alive.

Should be fixed now... please let me know if you have any further problems.

Dissident said:
Sorry Puckchaser, I apparently can still take them away though... I'll give it back to you when I can.

No worries, I got a bunch! I've also handed out milpoints to AO players. I think a majority of the points that are being handed out go to AO players, and a few for post quality. Not everyone likes to use the system as intended to reward thoughtful posts.

Also, when he took the points away, here's the email I got: Milnet.ca: Dissident thought Dissident was Neutral (-25 MP) Shouldn't my name be in there?

I saw the phrase yesterday and thought nothing of it.

Sent some MPs to you PcukChaser to counter Dissident's error, sooner.  ;)

I tried sending him some, but since I already "assessed" his post today, it will have to wait a day for me to fix it myself...

I'm definitely part of the milpoints backscratching committee - I'm not religious about it but if I see someone is posting in the same AO forum thread as I am then they are directly or indirectly helping me, so why not toss them 300 milpennies? We're all on the same team here after all.

I've known about it since it started, and don't have a problem with it. I know it's not as the system was intended, but it can't really turn into widespread abuse... It's time consuming to send to a lot of people so most will limit it to those who they feel deserve it anyway. Plus, IMO it starts to add a social aspect to the game... something I have plans to officially work on over time... but then again, I have a lot of plans and a lot less time, so we'll see. :)

I'm not an AO player, so why do I get the cheater screen?

GAP, when did you get it, and what rating were you trying to apply?

The 'cheater' screen has nothing to do with AO, it should only come up when you attempt to apply a rating for an amount that is too large or too small.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I've known about it since it started, and don't have a problem with it. I know it's not as the system was intended, but it can't really turn into widespread abuse... It's time consuming to send to a lot of people so most will limit it to those who they feel deserve it anyway. Plus, IMO it starts to add a social aspect to the game... something I have plans to officially work on over time... but then again, I have a lot of plans and a lot less time, so we'll see. :)

How about you make a plan where you review my "max consecutive days played 179" and current consecutive days played 2" and sort that out for me??  ;D  It's a glitch that's not a glitch, but it still sucks!!  :blotto:

I am glad it was not just me. I felt shame at first lol...It's a crazy game that can illicit such feelings.

Mike Bobbitt said:
GAP, when did you get it, and what rating were you trying to apply?

The 'cheater' screen has nothing to do with AO, it should only come up when you attempt to apply a rating for an amount that is too large or too small.

Yesterday, I went to give MJP +300 in the housing thread....but it allowed me to give it today....maybe I had just given him some in the previous 24 hr. that I don't remember.

Should be a different message if you've already rated someone. Please let me know if you see it again (anyone).

And I didn't intend the 'cheater' message to be seen by regular users... it was meant for... well, cheaters! :) No need to feel guilty Task. :)

Back