• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Success Stories

JesseWZ

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
We have a horror stories topic, but none for success stories. I'll go first.

Today, using the 500 Int reward for 5 bad guys hunted down, and some thinking ahead I went from level 20 to level 26.

Well, I usually play AO in the mornings when I wake up, deplete my CR and leave for the day.

One morning, I think I managed to get about 210 Int by doing general missions.

JesseWZ said:
We have a horror stories topic, but none for success stories. I'll go first.

Today, using the 500 Int reward for 5 bad guys hunted down, and some thinking ahead I went from level 20 to level 26.

I did something similar. I rode a wave of Int rewards up several levels.
Was awesome.

My greatest story: Finding one int! then another, then another, and so on so forth!  8)

I finally accelerated enough to be able to see myself on the roster without scrolling down on the list -- #15!

Since I've really started playing (this past week), I've moved up from 300 something to 160.  :D

A week or two ago I hit sort of a "critical mass", the perfect combination of a high-value mission in FOB Ghundy Ghar and enough combat readiness to fully level up, thus refilling my readiness multiple times.. If I remember correctly, I went from lvl 41 to lvl 50 in one day, and the only reason I didn't gain another 5 levels was because I ran out of milpoints to buy the necessary equipment for the mission.

I have access to 5 higher-level areas (insurgency cleared in 2 of them) than Ghundy Ghar, but haven't yet found a better mission.

Exarch,

The HVM I have at Ghundy Ghar is a 14:1 return ratio (14.38 to be exact)

I've got an unlocked HVM that shows up a few levels after where you're at (you have to unlock another location, Arghanhab) that is 17:1 return (17.53 actually) 

I just unlocked that one tonight, and based on my level and experience, it's starting percentage is 98% success.  :)

This is pleasing.......means that with my 430 CR's, I'll be able to get 7538 points instead of 6192...  a considerable improvement.

I have a mission that is a 22:1 return ratio unlocked, but it's a 52% chance of success right now (started at 28%!!) The average rate of return for that would be 9460 points for my CR level, except that the 6 times I've tried the mission so far, I've had about a 2 successful missions.....so the 354 points I've expended has returned for me only 2608 CE's....or a real rate of return of 7:1.....not so good.  I'm thus avoiding that mission 'til my skills climb to the point that it's a 90+ percent success rate....else it's a waste of CR's

NS

Woo! Today has been very successful! Thanks to attacking Taliban leaders, purchasing a bunch of medal incentives, I have gone up 3 ranks and have already completed two of the daily challenges.  :D

I like the Arghandab HVM, but it's currently costing me 100MPs every mission.

It gets worse....when you level up, you spend 800 for another LAV, then another C-6, and more ammo each time....FUN!!!!

Success story for everyone tonight... you get a free hour of CR regen!!!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but figure it is a success for army.ca and AO.  Definitely puts some black into the budget and shows alot of dedication and committment.

http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=29186

Over 100,000 MPs purchased today by this user.  They should get a shirt for that!

airmich said:
Wasn't sure where to put this, but figure it is a success for army.ca and AO.  Definitely puts some black into the budget and shows alot of dedication and committment.

http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=29186

Over 100,000 MPs purchased today by this user.  They should get a shirt for that!

That's $275 spent on Afghan Ops.... wow.

PuckChaser said:
That's $275 spent on Afghan Ops.... wow.

Don't forget, the more you spend the more you get, so it's not quite that much. Still, some much appreciated support for the game, which translates into more development time. :)

I calculated it based on the "Purchase Milpoints" in his history and the cost of said milpoints on the purchase screen. $275 is accurate.  ;D

Everyone should buy at least some milpoints or subscribe, you're not supporting a faceless game corporation. You're helping the little guy keep stuff like this free!

Thanks PC... and I guess I didn't do the math... wow!

Back