• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

subject codes

P

P Kaye

Does anybody know of a link that lists all the codes for the various subjects of memos? (i.e. the number that goes on line 2 of a memo)?

http://www.cadets.net/pac/support/pdf/file_index.pdf

Does this index of file numbers apply to ALL of DND??

That one is geared towards cadets.  While some are similar to the ones we use...not all are the same.  Your Orderly Room has a copy of your unit's file index.

And occasionally unit file numbers are different dependant on topic as well.

P Kaye said:
Does anybody know of a link that lists all the codes for the various subjects of memos? (i.e. the number that goes on line 2 of a memo)?

Seems to me, on a normal memo, it's the first thing.

File numbers are at the discretion of the originator.  The listing above posted by P Kaye is derived from the CF File Classification Manual so the numbers to the left of the hyphen are "national".  After the hyphen "0" would be "Policy" and "1" would be "General".  Beyond that point for the most part is up to each unit, provided they consult with the publication first.

In your case, I would recommend that you use your PRI Number (eg: 111 222 333 (Pers)) as this is basically a personal matter and you will naturally want a copy of that memo on your personnel records, vice unit files.

If that doesn't work for you then you can use 6006-1 (Civ Pers - Comp and Benefits) because Leave is a benefit.

Enjoy.

Hey thanks... the CF Liason council told me to use 5000-5,  but the didn't tell me what that code exactly designates.
Does anybody know?

You've obviously made contact with them, and they told you what to use. if your still unsure ask them again.

Back