• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stuff to get rid of

A

ArmyAl

Well where to start.
Cam nets, get rid of the things, personally i hate the stuff and wish the higher ups would just give it up, maybe they should throw on a cam net just so they can share the slew of insults that go with the things.
Hilarious to see 8 officers deploying a cam net with the no 1 screaming at them to hurry up.

Tanoy box, go to radio shack and pic up the walkie‘s, it‘s just to easy,reel in the wire and take it out, beeps only when it‘s night and never works, wire is always tangeled and your not allowed to cut and throw, so what‘s the point.
last ex I was picking up some FM radio station that was playing country, ordered a gunner to beat me to death with the hand spike but he refused, charges are pending.

Ammo tent, god what a waste of time, just throw a tarp over the stuff, does it better then the tent that blows away when the BSM farts.

The shield‘s = more weight and the look cool factor is gone with them.

Gun correction, well it‘s strange, we tell the gunners not to touch it and we never use it, so wield the thing in place and cut off the knob.

All the latches on the trails, cut them off, we never use them as the kit would go flying off, so they say, have to try them on the next ex.
Less chance of the cam net getting caught.

Heater, whats the point, never work or there is never time to enjoy it, can‘t sllep in the back so get rid off the thing and use the space for something else.

Pressure cooker, don‘t need to go there.

seat belts in the back, ya buckle up so you can die where you sit, those ribs are good roll bars.

The light in the back, more of a safty issue then anything else, how many time have we cracked our heads on the thing, plus the switch is a for sure, broken off.

Their are mor but having a brain fart, just my thought‘s, feel free to bust my chops lol
:p

I dont know if we still do this but I could never understand parking the deuce‘s in the wagon line. I never realized that trucks could get scared. CHEERS

The latches are truly useless and only one I ever used was the handspike. Cam nets, couldn‘t agree with you more. Look at the pictures of RCHA in Bosnia.

Gun tractors in the wagon lines. Been fighting that one since we got the sevs. They are built as a standeasy, so they should be used for it. No more then 30-50m behind the gun. If we do that, why take off the gun box. Leave it at the edge of the tailgate. Most essential items (rammer jammer etc) are alrealy off, and if you need anything its a short run to get. I‘m still fighting that one. no luck yet.

FABCUS, could use improvement but a lot better then the old ground mounted speker, or the bullhorn. You need something wireless with a good speaker.

Ammo hootch?? A tarp lying on the rds won‘t work. You need air circulation. We use them all the time and don‘t seem to have much problem. What we need is a good ammo tray that can do more then one rd at a time. We use to use six or seven tubes on a box with a two stakes on each end to stop them fron rolling out. You could set up six rds at a time. I haven‘t seen a #1 do that in years. I guess nobody has fired a multi-rd FFE or fireplans for a while so a single rd loading tray works.

The ammo needs air?
Does it need a hug once in awhile too, lol just ribbing.
The tarp deal was between missions, but I like your ammo tray idea, will have to try that.
The gun tractor is no farther then 20 -30 feet from the trails as we hook up the gun net to the tractor net, and I agree that the tool box should stay onboard, back breaker and the way PT is done only the old farts can pick it up.
I‘m working on a list of things we do and don‘t need or have to do for the sake of the highers because that‘s how they did it with a muzzle loader.

I agree with everything you guys have pointed out. Brings back fond memories :rolleyes: By the way, do they do dispersed gun positions anymore? I remember the School was on that kick for awhile. Being the closest Regiment to the school, we had many a "flavour of the day", it seems......

True, very true, all of it. Especially about the heater. Blasted thing smells like **** once you turn it on anyway.

My biggest issue on the position is the cam nets. Surely there is a better way to camouflage ourselves...? If I had CADPAT Gen II (You know the ones without the buttons) maybe I wouldn‘t mind my #1 shoving me into the cam net to sort it out once in a while.

-Gunner Pereira :mg:

Back