• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Strike

Well this is a fuckup. A failure to declare some civilian employees essential means 700 troops living in shacks in Petawawa are without heat or hot water.

Yes, leadership need to give their heads a shake. With the consolidation of all infra under the ADM IE organization, this should have the DM having a one sided discussion with ADM IE and ADM HR Civ about how this happened.

A lack of hot water is a health and safety issue.

Back in the very early 90's PSAC went on strike and the government neglected to get the Coast Guard declared essential, so they went on strike as well. I was a term at the time and had to continue to work, part of a skeleton crew on a ship.

Yes, leadership need to give their heads a shake. With the consolidation of all infra under the ADM IE organization, this should have the DM having a one sided discussion with ADM IE and ADM HR Civ about how this happened.

A lack of hot water is a health and safety issue.
Things like that help with retention, and job satisfaction as well...

I mean, if CFHA is forced to put them up in hotels until they have heat and hot water back on...
I don't think there's 700 hotel beds in/near Pet.

I'm surprised no one has proposed a bug out to Area 8.

I don't think there's 700 hotel beds in/near Pet.

I'm surprised no one has proposed a bug out to Area 8.
Bite your tongue/.....

EDIT;....and, in my mind, they are not essential, they might be to the folks with no heat or water but strikes are supposed to inconvenience the employer. Finding a suitable solution for this problem is doing that for sure, but the true failure is local management not planning ahead for this. Should it have come as a surprise, if no one is keeping the lights on, that they end up shut off??

Good thing the local hotels aren't at peak tourist season....

Bite your tongue/.....

EDIT;....and, in my mind, they are not essential, they might be to the folks with no heat or water but strikes are supposed to inconvenience the employer. Finding a suitable solution for this problem is doing that for sure, but the true failure is local management not planning ahead for this. Should it have come as a surprise, if no one is keeping the lights on, that they end up shut off??

Wanna bet this was brought up by local management and wasn't given the attention it deserved ?

* Poland has entered the chat*
Did you see the Minister's reply to the direct question during QP several days ago?

No answer, just BS about Cdn troops training Ukrainians.

Good thing there's no provision for common sense to allow people to override "the rules" on their own initiative and restore status quo ante functions.

I mean, if CFHA is forced to put them up in hotels until they have heat and hot water back on...
Except the CAF won't do that, like mentioned in the story, they just opened buildings with hot water for showers....
Bite your tongue/.....

Amen brother! F$@K the Pts and Cpls, they should have planned ahead, or given the union what they wanted.

Want to kill sympathy for the strike, screw around with the most Jr. pers in the system.

Except the CAF won't do that, like mentioned in the story, they just opened buildings with hot water for showers....

Amen brother! F$@K the Pts and Cpls, they should have planned ahead, or given the union what they wanted.

Want to kill sympathy for the strike, screw around with the most Jr. pers in the system.
I knew someone would take it like that......sigh. shrugs

I knew someone would take it like that......sigh. shrugs
If you knew it would detract from your point, why say it? You could easily have worded it in a way that didn't come across as callous.

You clearly intended to get a response, so there you go, you got one.

If you knew it would detract from your point, why say it? You could easily have worded it in a way that didn't come across as callous.

You clearly intended to get a response, so there you go, you got one.

Because it's the truth?? You brought rank into it, not I.......
So your statement is this could be easily fixed if the folks affected were of higher ranks?? Now who is saying something??

Because it's the truth?? You brought rank into it, not I.......
So your statement is this could be easily fixed if the folks affected were of higher ranks?? Now who is saying something??
No, my points were that your remark came across as callous, and detracted from what you were trying to get at, and that the fact this sort of foolishness is hurting those lowest on the ladder will kill some of the sympathy for those on strike.

If it was a bunch of Gen and Col without heat/hot water, many people wouldn't care, or might even find it amusing.

Then you read it wrong lad.

Employer should have those folks, NO MATTER WHAT RANK, into rooms around the area with food and mileage......then [what I said} THE EMPLOYER can fix the inconvenience that THEY did not plan for.

Back