• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Storage of HG&E on Enrolment

UnderSeaD

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm leaving for BMOQ in May and have unanswered questions regarding the storage of HG&E. Specifically, are my PMV and enclosed cargo trailer eligible for storage and shipping to my first unrestricted posting?

I have received conflicting information from different resources within my recruiting centre. My searches of this site have provided a wealth of information regarding the IRP and relocation benefits, however, most of it pertains to moves between postings rather than enrolment and relocation for basic training. I've also read all the relevant policies and directives I could find, but have yet to find specific details on what is and is not eligible for storage on enrolment for new recruits.

I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction as I've been unable to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your assistance.

I believe it's handled the same as a posting, though I'm not a clerk and only based on personal experience. When I joined my F&E was put into storage for just over a year. Everything was shipped to my initial posting after my trades training. I'm not sure about movement of trailers specifically.

Thanks for your response TM.

I spoke with someone today at my recruiting centre that was a little more knowledgeable on these matters.

My PMV is not eligible for storage and it is most likely that my trailer isn't either. A small recreational vehicle such as an ATV or motorcycle generally is eligible, but the trailer is too large.

His suggestion was to bring my PMV to St. Jean and that I should be given the option to drive it to my next training facility following BMOQ with my expenses being reimbursed. In the interim, I'll have to make my own arrangements for storing my PMV and trailer.

A representative from a moving company will be sent to review my HG&E prior to putting things into storage. He or she will make the determination on what is and is not eligible for storage and transport.

I hope this helps.

Back