• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stop The Presses,....Finally Hot Dog Buns and Wieners In Same Size Packages.

Bruce Monkhouse

Pinball Dude
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
This'll save me from finding those two sad freezer burnt buns at the bottom of the freezer......

Seriously, one of life's mysteries, unravelled.

This'll save me from finding those two sad freezer burnt buns at the bottom of the freezer......

Hah!😆 I'll bet whatever ad agency came up with this campaign got extremely well compensated.

This is the classic bendover where you thank them for it. We're going through a period of 'shinkflation'. They downsized there product, made it sound like they're making it more convenient for you, but where are your savings? 😉

"So we felt like it was our duty as the world's most iconic ketchup to rally our passionate fans and champion change for the age-old issue of unequal buns and wieners packs."

Ketchup on a hotdog is not iconic. It's like wearing socks with sandals. Then again, Wonder Bread is so suburban middle class. Mustard, maybe with sauerkraut, is the only condiment needed for a hotdog.

The cynic in me sees this as testing out “less” in a package and whether it ll be purchased under the guise of a fun summer thing.

With the economy etc we ll start seeing less in a package in every thing. But Not everything will have a “fun” excuse

Last edited:
The cynic in me sees this as testing out “less” in a package and whether it ll be purchased under the guise of a fun summer thing.

With the economy etc we ll start seeing less in a package in every thing. But Not everything will have a “fun” excuse
They’ve been waiting 50 years for the right timing to be able to sell two fewer buns for the same price.

They’ve been waiting 50 years for the right timing to be able to sell two fewer buns for the same price.
Aren't hot dog buns sold in packs of 8, so they'd be selling 2 more buns?

You can tell how often I buy them, obviously :sneaky:

Aren't hot dog buns sold in packs of 8, so they'd be selling 2 more buns?

You can tell how often I buy them, obviously :sneaky:
The dempster’s ones in my freezer do. There goes that theory. And Costco hotdogs come in 12 packs, so…

After this and Hans Island dispute laid to rest. Maybe "convening" is the future of Canada! :)

now where is that red pen to strike out the DND budget?............... ;)

to be honest, till i read this , i never realized the packages were smaller than the all beef no name package of 12.
I always wanted to know why the packages of buns came in packages of 8 and 12
Wondered why they came in 8s not 6, since the big package was 12. confusing i think

Back