• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Steve Irwin is dead

ark

Inactive
Reaction score
Irwin was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest, according to Cairns police sources. Irwin was filming an underwater documentary at the time.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

This is unreal, RIP Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin.

RIP mate. 

I think he leaves behind atleast one kid.  Shame.

It was just a matter of time i think, seeing his show im amazed he survived doing crazy..stuff all the time. If u play around with things that can kill u, ur bound to get in alittle trouble after a while.

RIP Steve Irwin

I'm a big fan of his.  I even got a chance to check out his zoo in Queensland.  Can't say that I didn't see it coming.

DSB

Crazy...... I was doing an impression of him earlier tonight.....

RIP Mate

He has 2 kids...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/5311848.stm

RIP

A real shame.  After all those internet hoaxes it has finally come to pass.  RIP Steve.

He was truly a memorable character.

In an eerie coincidence yesterday afternoon for some reason I suddenly wondered whatever had happened to him. This was followed by the thought that probably the next news of him would be his death notice. I am fairly hard-headed and am having problems with this being more than coincidence, but . . .

hopefully, this won't impact too seriously on the good works he was doing with regards to his zoo and critters in general.

Crazy sumbitch really LIVED. I feel for his family. To lose someone that warm and fun must be terrible. I hope they spend more time celebrating his life than mouring his death.

wow.....just...wow i loved watching his show funny guy that took what he did seriously imagine what his wife felt coming home from a hiking trip with the kids up in the Tasmanian mountains all happy to see him again..then finds out he was killed...by a stingray.... and his kids.....wow one wont even remember him and the other truly a sad..sad day....R.I.P. Steve Irwin....you will be missed :'(

Sad that it happened,

but he chose his life, and that was pretty close to sticking his head in the mouths of things that kill..

But he had a passion and zeal for it, so RIP

Sad thing is stingray stings aren't usually fatal unless the hit an artery or allowed to go bad... but this one got him in the heart and he died at the scene.

Truly a great man who did great things May you rest in peace.

there goes a man that truely loved his life. amazing at being a crazy man and amazing at being a famiy man, but truely a great man. RIP mate

Ok Ill bite.
Did anyone really not see this coming?Sorry I had to say it.

At least he died doing something he enjoyed.Someone his kids can truly look up to.

He did some great things for education on, and conservation of, the natural world.

But you've gotta love the way CBC aired footage of his public gaffe from a few years ago, where he fed a croc with his child in hand, along side of the death announcement.
They would never do that to, say, a political figure they worshiped...

The odd thing is that he was killed doing something that wasn't overtly dangerous.  Just goes to show that when around a wild animal one has to be EXTREMELY careful not to back it into a perceived corner. 

RIP mate

Oh crikey. Sad to hear, I liked his shows. RIP

Back