• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting over

deskjockey43

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, here I am back in the process again.
I am in much better shape this time and plan to keep improving on that regardless of what happens. I put in my application on October 2nd and today received an email notifying me I have been selected for further processing. I followed the instructions and responded with the requested details, so the next step should be a call to set up an appointment to bring in my paperwork. I have already done the CFAT, and qualified for every position last time around, so the medical, extended medical and optical should be set up next I would think.
I know I am responsible for the extended and the optical with my own doctors, but I need forms for that.
I also took a couple specialized courses in the past year so I need to get certificates for that as well.
I am excited and determined to get this done this time around. Failure is not an option.

An update for those who may be interested.
My last post mentioned getting an email that I needed to respond to in order to receive a phone call to set up an appointment. That email said I could expect a call, to set up the appointment, within 5 business days of me sending my response email.  Now I do understand that I responded on the Friday of Thanksgiving weekend, so I was not counting either that day, nor the Monday, as a business day. I even waited a whole extra week. I still have not received a call to set up an appointment. Tomorrow, I plan to resend my response email. Just in case it got missed in the holiday shuffle. I hope to get the wheels turning before the end of the month.

Latest update:

So the timeline goes, application October 2, 2016; email contact requiring response in max. 30 days to request an appointment on October 7; response email sent October 7 and wait for call to make appointment;
second email request for contact to make appointment sent on October 25; email request for status update on my application sent on October 27,2016 to a different email address.

Finally received a response today. Apparently, I do not need an appointment. I can just go in and hand over my documents and kindly, a schedule of operating times was included. I suppose this is because I have already completed my CFAT. So, now I figure out when I can take an hour or so off work to get my documents in. Tough considering I am a month to month contract employee, but that is one of the reasons why I am doing this again.

After my received email on the 2nd of November letting me know I don't need an appointment, I was surprised by a phone call on Thursday the 10th. They wanted to make sure I knew an appointment was not necessary. I was again informed of operating hours, told that Friday they were closed for Remembrance Day ceremonies and that I should come in "next week".
"Next week" was mentioned three times.
I promised that I would and have arranged to leave work early on Wednesday to fulfill this promise. I will also need to talk to a career counselor at some point due to my previous voluntary release.

For anyone following my progress,  I present the latest update. Last Wednesday, the sixteenth, I went in with all of my old original documents and some new ones to add to my file. Who knew photocopying could take up to two hours? Good thing I didn't try to accomplish this on my lunch break. After all the copies were made, and I spent some few minutes with a career manager to fill out the drug questionaire, they tried to get me to stay to fill out four other forms that they neglected to email to me. I had other obligations by that point and told them I would have the forms back by the next week on Friday afternoon.
Friday the 25th rolls around, and after spending the morning at a seminar in Barrie, I boogie back to the Toronto RC for 1:15 pm. I have all four forms completed and ready. I get asked to sit and wait. I waited. And waited. And waited some more. At 2:40 pm the Sgt looked up from her computer, gasped and began apologising profusely. She had forgotten that I was even there. We went over my papers and she mentioned that I was supposed to talk to a career manager. I told her I had done that last week. She said nothing was in the log about me being there last week, then opened up my paper file to find that form filled out, signed by the CM and dated for the 16th. So, we continued going over my forms, finished up and she sent them on, noted that my CFAT was already complete and updated the log to reflect my visit. She then apologised some more and I was on my way at ten minutes to four in the afternoon. Again, good thing I did not attempt this on my lunch break.

If anyone is actually reading this....feel free to comment  [;)

To continue my saga, after last Friday's long wait, I emailed my previous MCC to correct some reference information as I did not know who else to contact. That was Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning he responded to tell me the corrections were received and noted. Then, out of the blue, today, Thursday December first, I get an email to tell me I have been selected for further processing and will be contacted in the next 5 business days to set up my appointments. This is proceeding much faster than I expected. My first time around, it was the end of January before I got to this point.
Please excuse the abrupt ending to this post, but I need to go work out....  [:D

deskjockey43 said:
If anyone is actually reading this....feel free to comment  [;)

Please excuse the abrupt ending to this post, but I need to go work out....  [:D

It should say, Milnet.ca :)

Attachments

• gym-jokes-06.jpg
    gym-jokes-06.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 382
Laughing my but off over here.. :rofl:..thanks for following along Mariomike. It's nice to know someone is reading  [:D

deskjockey43 said:
Laughing my but off over here.. :rofl:..thanks for following along Mariomike. It's nice to know someone is reading  [:D

Oh, I've been following, DJ. Good luck.  :)

deskjockey43 said:

Oh, I am sure he is not the only one ;)

I too have been following along Deskjockey 43! 

Having worked the civilian side of the bureaucracy for about 7 years, I am now experiencing it again on the military side, and so its good to hear from others that share my frustration with the fuzzy wall.  I really hope that you get through all the hoops in a quick manner, and I look forward to serving with you in the future.  Please keep posting--I enjoy the reading :D

Because I re-started twice over years ago, I certainly am following.  After you get in, I will be curious about your outlook to the system.  Mine changed each time. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone for following! I have some new stuff today, I'm not just trolling my own post  ;D.

Only yesterday, I got the email about contact happening within 5 to ten business days to set up appointments.well, colour me shocked  :eek:, but I received a phone call this morning!
My interview is first. A week from Tuesday.  On the 13th of DECEMBER!!!! My previous medical docs have been requested, but have not arrived yet, so my medical is set for January 17th. However, I will be getting a call to reschedule for sooner than that as soon as my docs come in. Technically I could still end up getting my medical before Christmas  :eek:  :eek:.  Way way faster than I was expecting this to go.

Congratulations, DJ.

All I remember of my medical was the doc shined a light in one ear to see if light came out the other! < joke.

Looking forward to a gym selfie! < just kidding, again.

Good luck!  :)

Thanks  :)
As for the selfie,  I am too old for that stuff  ;)  and my bod is not as fit as I'd like, though I will pass the Force test, I plan to continue improving my fitness. I remember those stairs....

I've been following you too :) Are you going for reg force?

My interview went well. Captain ******* has recommended me for HRA. My vr was barely touched on other than to ask about my current fitness regimen and whether I think I can pass the FORCE test this time. I was previously warned that I may have to write out an explanation of why I released and steps I have taken to change the reasons/situations/circumstances behind my vr. However, that has not happened, though I suppose it still could and it will probably end up as part of my biography anyway.
So, to conclude today's part of the saga, I am now waiting to either reschedule my medical or attend it on January 17th.

Last night I received a message from my temp agency that they had received a call requesting a reference and she wanted to touch base with me before following up with said company. I sent her an email this morning explaining the application to the military and an apology as I didn't think the background check was happening yet and that I had intended to inform her AFTER the holidays. I did not specifically use them as a reference, however, I did check the box that says yes to contact. Sooo, now I know that the background check IS happening now and possibly continuing after the holidays if they have not completed it yet. The process to this point has been 3 months. I have not heard back about having my medical bumped up and with that not until the 17th of January, it may only take 5 months this time around, to get to the offer.

Merry Christmas everyone!  :christmas happy:

Back