• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting over

deskjockey43 said:
unfortunately I used both spellings.

Back when I was a recruiter, that sort of thing wouldn't even merit second glance or thought.  No big deal.

It was the CVs or emails written in phone text speak or things like the proper use of there and their (especially when it was DEO applicants) that gave me pause.  Or even using too much familiarity when sending emails like "Hey, can I get an update on my file?"

Don't sweat it.

It is a rather professional letter, if I do say so myself, considering that I am working as a finance administrator already. The spelling issues are a pet peeve of mine. I usually don't even bother with spell check (I am that good at spelling  ;)). This time, my email highlighted it as incorrect, but Word did not. Therefore, my email has the double l and my letter in Word format does not. I will henceforth not worry about a word that is spelled correctly in either case and be happy that it is spelled the one way in the letter and the other in the email. I suppose. Nope. Still bugs me.  :facepalm:

Today, I have received an email informing me that I am in final processing and once granted reliability status will be added to the merit list (aka: competition list). It has been suggested that I check back every couple weeks in case of status changes. Things are moving right along  :D.

Huzzah!

Hopefully you won't be stuck on the merit list as long as this DEO candidate has been!

Congrats Deskjockey43.  This is a very proud accomplishment.  I have been following your post regularly, so though we don't know each other, I feel a great sense of pride for you today.

Please continue to keep us up to date :)

Brian

Thanks!!  I am looking forward to getting that call. I hope you get yours soon too. You have been waiting a long time!
I will definitely keep posting my progress up to leaving for BMQ. After that, it may be some time before I have time to post again.

Damn, that letter went through really fast! I got my offer today for Vehicle Technician. :) Hopefully not to much longer for you! Good luck!

I'm following this too!

I'm also on the last "check" through Garda as of the beginning of this week. I'm not sure how long Garda likes to take doing these things, but I'm basically just waiting to get merit listed from this point!

Best of luck to you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received an email requesting proof that my koodo account has been paid in full or payments are being made. I cancelled/closed out that account in Sept/Oct 2016. All I have for proof is the final bill. I was not sent a confirmation of cancellation as far as I can recall, but no further bills after Oct 9 2016 are on my koodo self-serve page. I sent what I have, here's hoping it's enough.

I managed to get a screens hot of a messenger conversation with koodo confirming my account was paid in full and cancelled. I sent all of it off and received a thank you for my promptness and if I don't hear back in 3 weeks, contact them. So I have a timeline.

Oh and my re-enrolment waiver was accepted.

bscriber, I see you got your call. Way to go!! I am still patiently waiting. Or at least behaving patiently on the outside....

I did not get a call.  I just happened to check my personal email in a spare moment at work and there it was. My offer of enrollment. Of course I will accept!! I will swear in July 5 and head off to St. Jean on July 22. I have already let my contract job know that I am only available till the end of June.
So very happy that I don't have to be waiting for another whole week before emailing for an update!!

Congratulations and good luck.  :)

deskjockey43 said:
I did not get a call.  I just happened to check my personal email in a spare moment at work and there it was. My offer of enrollment. Of course I will accept!! I will swear in July 5 and head off to St. Jean on July 22. I have already let my contract job know that I am only available till the end of June.
So very happy that I don't have to be waiting for another whole week before emailing for an update!!

Congratulations! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you All!  I don't know how I am going to contain all this excitement for the next three months!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us your journey.  Hope our paths cross at some point.
deskjockey43 said:
Thank you All!  I don't know how I am going to contain all this excitement for the next three months!

Started at a new gym yesterday. Close enough to home to walk there (or run), slightly cheaper than the Y, open 24 hrs, no kids, newer better equipment. I like it. No pool, but yoga and zumba classes twice a week. I have just under 3 months to keep improving my fitness and this will be an immense help.

How are the rest of you managing your time till Basic?

deskjockey43 said:

Congratulations deskjockey43, I have been following your posts since last year. I'm glad to see that everything worked out good for you. Cheers.

Thank you 😎 I am coming to the end of my contract position (next friday April 28) and will be spending my time getting the house squared away for my absence.  Getting the gardens all to the point where they can be left alone other than watering if it doesn't rain enough, clearing junk out of the basement, cleaning the garage, and ramping up my time at the gym to a couple hours a day. Plus running outside whenever I can.

I plan to pass that force test with no doubts, no close calls and no chance of trp. I hate running, but we do what must be done.

Back