• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron teaser trailer - Director Patty Jenkins

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Awesome.  Can't wait 'til 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLkTjn6Y_s&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2BzGOiIIDEYkIhoBL2DbatUCaAvMuiZqKsddGyQKELYYyt6Ob9WVVKqag

They'd better get this right, and I really hope they draw on some of the excellent Expanded Universe material that the sequel trilogy discarded.

Agreed, I have all the rogue squadron novels and comic books. If it does not have Wedge as the commander I will be disappointed.

Unlike you nerds (lol), I don't know much about the SW universe aside from the movies and shows. 

I was just loving the way they filmed the trailer - the first half was like "...ok, what does this have to do with anything?" but once she put on the helmet and orange flight suit, everything clicked.

Looks like there's 9 or 10 new Star Wars shows coming out, that seems excessive.

Hopefully Rogue Squadron and the rest of the shows stick with Mandalorian's style of non-contemporary plots and dialogue.

Jarnhamar said:
Looks like there's 9 or 10 new Star Wars shows coming out, that seems excessive.

Hopefully Rogue Squadron and the rest of the shows stick with Mandalorian's style of non-contemporary plots and dialogue.

Here is a short video introducing all the new Star Wars series/films coming out.
While the video mentions that in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series Hayden Christensen will be back reprising Darth Vader but doesn't mention that Ewan McGregor will be back as the title character.

Listening to Sirius XM radio today it appears that this is part of Disneys future plans which also includes a bunch of Marvel themed series/films coming out.

Stay tuned.

Retired AF Guy said:
Here is a short video introducing all the new Star Wars series/films coming out.
While the video mentions that in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series Hayden Christensen will be back reprising Darth Vader but doesn't mention that Ewan McGregor will be back as the title character.

Listening to Sirius XM radio today it appears that this is part of Disneys future plans which also includes a bunch of Marvel themed series/films coming out.

Stay tuned.

Hayden Christensen? He was the worst actor in the series considering that Jar Jar Binks was just an animated one. His filmography over the last fifteen years and lack of any awards doesn't exactly show any brilliant leap forward in his acting skills.

:pop:

That's okay.  As long as he doesn't have any real speaking parts, Darth Vader can be played by just about anybody  ;)

But yeah.  Agreed...ooofff...

Haven't seen anything Star Wars in my life.....but I did pick this up yesterday afternoon.  [holy radio chatter off topic swerve]

Attachments

• star wars.jpg
    star wars.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 64
Bruce Monkhouse said:
Haven't seen anything Star Wars in my life.....but I did pick this up yesterday afternoon.  [holy radio chatter off topic swerve]

I am pretty sure I played that a long time ago. You have to show us pictures of it fully restored and working.

dangerboy said:
I am pretty sure I played that a long time ago. You have to show us pictures of it fully restored and working.

I know that I pumped a lot of quarters into a machine very much like that one!

dangerboy said:

Here it is set up....going to strip and clean the playfield, put in LED lighting, and put on new rubbers before I put it in the collection.  Couple of small issues but it appears nothing major.  Only huge faux pas is the folks who had it had never looked in the head, that means these batteries are at least 21 years old, if they had leaked it would have ran down and ate away the electronic boards underneath them.  Job# 1....

Attachments

• star wars1.jpg
    star wars1.jpg
    814.8 KB · Views: 30
  • star wars2.jpg
    star wars2.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 30
FJAG said:
Hayden Christensen? He was the worst actor in the series considering that Jar Jar Binks was just an animated one. His filmography over the last fifteen years and lack of any awards doesn't exactly show any brilliant leap forward in his acting skills.

:pop:

He's also very boring. My cousin dated him while he was filming Episode II. She didn't know who he was. She ended it after about a month because he never wanted to do anything or go anywhere.

Bruce Monkhouse said:

How in the hell have you NEVER SEEN STAR WARS!?  :eek:

Remius said:
CBH99 said:
How in the hell have you NEVER SEEN STAR WARS!?  :eek:

My grandmother never saw Star Wars.

My wife never saw Star Wars. Her first film was Rogue One (maybe not the go-to Star Wars film for a first) and she wasn't impressed. I immediately though "my goodness, that 'How I Met Your Mother' episode was right!"

Drallib said:
Her first film was Rogue One (maybe not the go-to Star Wars film for a first) and she wasn't impressed.

I thought Rogue One is probably one of the best SW movies.  I guess she would miss the obvious context but even as an action movie, it's (slightly) less cheesy than the originals or Eps 1-3.

dangerboy said:

Wow....even in game 30 years older I've never seen the crud thats everywhere on this poor thing.  How the heck did that even give off light??
This is going to be a long slow process....

Attachments

• star wars 3.jpg
    star wars 3.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 17
Back