• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stabbings in Toronto and Pensylvania

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Looks like knives are the favoured weapon of the day today.

20 Stabbed at a Pensylvania school

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/justice/pennsylvania-school-stabbing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The FBI is on it

and in Toronto, 5 Stabbed at an office. 

Both around the same time frame.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/as-many-as-5-stabbed-in-yonge-york-mills-office-in-toronto-1.2603977

I demand a Sharp Pointy Things registry, we obviously need to make sure such dangerous items are tracked and regulated to insure such incidents don't happen again.  ::)

Hatchet Man said:
I demand a Sharp Pointy Things registry, we obviously need to make sure such dangerous items are tracked and regulated to insure such incidents don't happen again.  ::)

...beat me to it.

Wait for the comment sections to ramp up;  "Thank god they didn't have a gun instead of a knife", etc.

There is NO WAY IN HELL that ANYONE is going to get me to "REGISTER" my pointy stick collection! Some of those pointy sticks have been handed down in my family for generations! Besides everyone knows "REGISTER" is just secret Illuminati code for "Pointy Stick Confiscation"!

Unless and until *they* can wrap 100% of the population in bubble wrap and keep them secure in their homes, there is no way to provide passive protection against crazy people, or homicidal individuals.

Active defense (confronting intruders and having the tools/ability to disarm them or talk them down) is far more effective, but needs both the training to impliment and the inclination to actively participate in life, which might interfere with other agendas...

Knives: the laws on buying and carrying
https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife

It is illegal to:
sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)

If only we banned and regulated all those sharp pointy things like they did in Britain we'd all be safer... Wait never mind....

1,000 knife crime victims in London each month, shocking new figures show
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/1000-knife-crime-victims-in-london-each-month-shocking-new-figures-show-8681511.html

Up to 1,000 people a month are victims of knife crime in London, according to alarming new statistics.
They show that around 400 a month are being injured in attacks — many of them seriously — while others are being threatened. In the first four months of the year, 11 people were murdered in knife attacks. Four teenagers have been stabbed to death so far this year.

Once they take the sharp pointy things, it's only a matter of time before they come for our rocks....and then where will be?  :(

Robert0288 said:
They show that around 400 a month are being injured in attacks — many of them seriously
Not to be confused with those slap-stick joking knife attacks.  :nod:

I wonder how many would not have been injured if people were allowed to carry, in these areas.

Again, the perps knew they were attending gun free zones and no worry about the mayhem they were going to cause, instead of being shot down almost immediately for bringing a knife to a gun fight.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a shary pointy thing is a good guy with a thermonuclear device.  ;D

On a serious note though, tonight on the US national news they are crediting many people with taking actions to help save lives.

The kid that pulled the fire alarm to draw attention and evacuate the building.

Teachers, Staff, and Students that reacted immediately to treat the wounded while the incident was still going on.

The Staff that finally took down the perp.

Back