• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SQ/BMQ(L)

lennoj

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
During SQ we were given a laminated 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper with the 16 (now 15?) stages of battle procedure, and other useful information such as clock ray, 9-liners, contant reps and other useful information to store away in your FMP.

I am wondering if anyone has a link to that reference document or something similar so I am not forced to reinvent the wheel per se.

PM me the DINN link if possible.

Thank you in advance,

There is no official document like that, it is probably a handout that your staff made to give to you.  Where did you do your BMQ(L)?  There might be someone here that has access to that schools drives and can look at the handouts they have.

P.S. It is 16 steps of Battle procedure, the 16th step is conduct AAR.

Thanks for the replies.

I am drafting a reference doc now that I'll send to any PLQ candidates if they would like it.

I remember what, about nine years back?, my unit was prepping for some fun CQB running amok in Griesbach as it was being shut down. There was a very earnest section commander who'd organized three sections' worth of laminated battle procedure cards, fresh from the battleschool down in Gagetown via an OCdt who'd done CAP (then Phase II) there.

Then a WO politely informed him that there were 18 steps of battle procedure, not 15.

There's however many the boss says there is.

I call this little aide memoire the SFSA (Sleep F****d Soldiers Aide). It consists of basic soldiering skills, basic navigation, and other relatively simple yet useful information that one could refer too if they are in need of assistance or a quick refresher. It is meant to be printed on both sides of a single leaf of paper then laminated and stowed in your FMP. Brilliant? Na, just another idea jacked from the one I recieved on my last course and modified.

If anyone wants to add to this or make suggestions feel free too. All information posted in the copy here is unclassified and extracted from the documents seen below.

REF:
NCM_DP_2_PLQ_MR_PP_2.pdf 
B-GL-392-004-FP-001.pdf
B-GL-332-001%20Tactical%20Aide%20Memoire.pdf

While they're not official, there are a large number of fantastic handouts created by, or at least collected by, a sergeant from 1RNFLDR, which seem to be pretty commonly handed around, at least in LFAA.

Send me a private message with what you're specificly looking for, and I'll see what I can do.

Back