• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SPLIT: MM in RCL to counter Whither the Royal Canadian Legion? Or RCL Withers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetstime

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Danjanou said:
However I once held a leadership, I now hold one . . . on this site and therefore should not ignore situations as they develop but try and address them.

A leader ship position on an online forum lol that's got to be half a joke brother.


Danjanou said:
In the old days they'd ***** at each other over the table of knowledge in the corner of the club room and as wobbly pops went down range said "discussions" would become less polite. These days same thing done from behind a keyboard or smart phone.

Why not bring back that sense of exclusivity to the legion and make it 'smoke' friendly, appealing to all the vets having to medicate with medical MJ??  You'll see attendance spike among younger vets.

Danjanou said:
I've been sadly watching this now longer than I wanted to here and elsewhere. Name calling and empire building are only the surface. I've seen Vets set up multiple fake accounts on social media, to reinforce their point of opinion and/or support their attacks on others, and admitted same.

LOL and you take offence?  That's a loop hole of social media, adapt, you're not morally superior, you're just gullible and conformist.
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
652
Points
1,060
You can't smoke dope indoors, and you'll never get serving members there from the second hand smoke compromising piss tests. Toke up at your own place.
 

Vetstime

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Outdoor smoking patios?  I realize the friction it might cause with the regulation that serving members must abide by.  Just an idea, there's a substantial number of Vets that fall in this demographic that it could be a worthwhile idea if the Legion is made as a place to include ALL Vets.

 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Vetstime said:
Outdoor smoking patios?  I realize the friction it might cause with the regulation that serving members must abide by.  Just an idea, there's a substantial number of Vets that fall in this demographic that it could be a worthwhile idea if the Legion is made as a place to include ALL Vets.

It is a phenomenal Idea, and has much merit.  BZ Vetstime!!!!
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
281
Points
910
PuckChaser said:
You can't smoke dope indoors, and you'll never get serving members there from the second hand smoke compromising piss tests. Toke up at your own place.

You can medicate at the Legion. Simply go outside like the rest of the smokers if you're going to vape or smoke. Seen lots of serving pers at Legions where there's medicating going on. What if they take it by capsule?

In order to fail a piss test from second hand smoke you would have to be in an extreme condition of no ventilation, a small room and concentrated smoke from about 15 grams being smoked at the same time. A highly unlikely scenario, for anyone, let alone a service person.

Your bias is unfounded.


 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
652
Points
1,060
So we're going to fix the Legion by allowing MM on patios? Is this what we're down to? The 500 or so guys/gals with a VAC MM prescription is going to fix Legion membership? Come on.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
381
Points
1,130
Regarding marijuana at the Legion,

A member of the Royal Canadian Legion club in Parksville has filed a B.C. human rights complaint, alleging he has been discriminated against because he was banned from the club after smoking medical marijauna in the club's designated smoking area.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/vancouver/2015/05/10/b-c-man-claims-discrimination-for-not-being-allowed-to-smoke-medical-pot-in-legion.html
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
281
Points
910
PuckChaser said:
So we're going to fix the Legion by allowing MM on patios? Is this what we're down to? The 500 or so guys/gals with a VAC MM prescription is going to fix Legion membership? Come on.

It's obvious that you are against MM. No one ever said anything about Veterans and their legal medication reforming the legion. I guess you feel the same about drinkers? Or those that are on Oxy or Percs all day and night. How about someone that takes methadone? Are they allowed in your august group?
 

Danjanou

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Vetstime I'm neither morally superior, delusional , gullible  or  anything else as those who know me can attest. I am just pissed off at this infantile behaviour.

In regards to smoking , here in Ontario at present Legions with licensed patios prior to I think it's 2012 were grandfathered and exempt from the smoking ban. That may not last and certainly in and of itself will not save or revitalize  the RCL, but it is something. I checked and you can smoke any legal substance. So if you have the requisite paperwork you can join me while I enjoy a cold beer and a nice Cohiba. That by the way is where I'd prefer to be now than playing nurse maid.
 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Danjanou said:
Vetstime I'm neither morally superior, delusional , gullible  or  anything else as those who know me can attest. I am just pissed off at this infantile behaviour.

In regards to smoking , here in Ontario at present Legions with licensed patios prior to I think it's 2012 were grandfathered and exempt from the smoking ban. That may not last and certainly in and of itself will not save or revitalize  the RCL, but it is something. I checked and you can smoke any legal substance. So if you have the requisite paperwork you can join me while I enjoy a cold beer and a nice Cohiba. That by the way is where I'd prefer to be now than playing nurse maid.

Most LP's are now also issueing Cards with details, to make it much easier.  So I can enjoy a pint with you.  I may smoke a cohiba though, as opposed to a fine Sativa.

;)

 

Vetstime

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
The point is that there should be no limitations to the warrior spirit at the legion, just the requirement that you have served the Canadian Banner regardless of medication need during/after service, gender, age, sexual preference, etc.

Make this the rallying idea and you'll have a strong veteran legion.

 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
652
Points
1,060
No, I'm against legalization and pro decriminalization and research. You move Marijuana into Schedule 2, and allow the proper research to turn it into a PROPER medication. Right now, its a herbal remedy with no scientific basis because the research permits are super difficult to get as its Schedule 1. Amateurs are finding strains with plausible links to various symptoms that it could treat, imagine what Pfizer could make with all its scientific weight? Or the other massive drug companies? Proper doctors doing proper research and finding scientifically defensible treatments. Until then, its random people on the internet claiming all sorts of things with no weight behind it, similar to the people who think herbal pastes and salves can fix a kid with meningitis.

We're way off topic now, on a topic we weren't allowed to have, because some troll made a new account and baited us into the argument.

MM in Legions will not save the Legion. Period.
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
410
SPLIT FROM:  Whither the Royal Canadian Legion? Or RCL Withers?

Reason:  To fall in line with existing THREAD on MM.
 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
George Wallace said:
SPLIT FROM:  Whither the Royal Canadian Legion? Or RCL Withers?

Reason:  To fall in line with existing THREAD on MM.

No, as this has to do the the Legion and Medical Cannabis.  Not just Medical Cannabis.


 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
281
Points
910
PuckChaser said:
No, I'm against legalization and pro decriminalization and research. You move Marijuana into Schedule 2, and allow the proper research to turn it into a PROPER medication. Right now, its a herbal remedy with no scientific basis because the research permits are super difficult to get as its Schedule 1. Amateurs are finding strains with plausible links to various symptoms that it could treat, imagine what Pfizer could make with all its scientific weight? Or the other massive drug companies? Proper doctors doing proper research and finding scientifically defensible treatments. Until then, its random people on the internet claiming all sorts of things with no weight behind it, similar to the people who think herbal pastes and salves can fix a kid with meningitis.

We're way off topic now, on a topic we weren't allowed to have, because some troll made a new account and baited us into the argument.

MM in Legions will not save the Legion. Period.

Obviously, your mind is made up and won't be changed. Nobody said MM users would save the Legion. That's your tangent and misdirection. Drug companies would put a stranglehold on MM and increase the price and manipulate the market for it, the same as they do for other drugs. The bottom line is their stockholders. As with other posts, you should do your research so you can discuss things logically. You've made claims before, as fact, and they were also off base and unfactual. The only person I saw trolling was you.

Also, if you're going to make accusations about someone, be specific. If there is someone with two accounts, as a Mentor, you should report that. You can use the Report to Mod.

***This thread is what we tried to avoid, the misinformation and bigotry, with the ONE restricted information thread we have, for ex- service people, as per the site owner's direction.***

Put the dicks away, this pissing match is over.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top