• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spell Checker

Y

Yard Ape

So when can we expect the spell checker to return again?

:cool: Yard Ape

I know I said around now previously, but the spellchecker won‘t be available until the War Diary software is out of Beta (according to the vendor).

I originally understood the beta period to be over at the end of February, but that appears not to be the case. So far, no official word on when the beta will be over, but I will keep you posted.

Sorry for the delay (and the spelling misakes in the interim).

Sorry, I‘m speaking in techie terms... Basically, Beta means that it‘s not quite ready for general use, and that it may not be fully featured or may have bugs.

The "official" definition is below.

Beta

Used in software publishing, the name given to a pre-release version of a software product. This Beta version is used for testing purposes, is often problematic and thus only available to specific users who are encouraged to provide feedback for improvement. Beta versions are commonly found on company websites and can be downloaded. Many include expiration dates to eliminate proliferation of flawed software.

Cheers

Just got word, the final product is coming out this Friday. Assuming it has the spell checker (and I believe it does) then we should see that in place by Monday at the latest.

Cheers

Quick note: Although we are now using the "final" version 6.0 of the War Diary software, the spelling checker has not been added. The vendor promises this within a week or so.

Cheers

:boring:

:confused: Is this feature still to be expected? :confused:

. . . not that I evr neede hellp whith speling :D

Promises promises...

As you can tell, the vendor didn‘t keep their promise. Further, they‘ve stopped mentioning the spellchecker all together. I can only take this as a bad sign...

If I hear anything, I‘ll let you know. In the mean time, let the typo‘s flow...

Thanks

Here's to Mike.
For always keeping his promises.

We salute you.  :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Hahahah, yeah, it only took 3 years! Good thing there's no electing me out of office, or I'd never get anything done! ;)

Back