• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

@ Oddball  It just makes me feel less silly for having done it myself...seems no one understands how one can spill a pot of boiling water on themselves, at least that was the impression I got from people's reactions after they asked why I was limping.  :p

Currently back home and basking in the balmy fall weather. I heard reports that it reached +34 over here today.

Ahhh, the fun and joy of concreting. My weekend was doing the areas around my pool which used to be gravel for some reason.

Its done, and time for a few beers and BBQ.

Here is a few pics.

Cheers,

OWDU

I am currently trying to hash out a decent paleo / zone meal plan with decent enough variety and where I can figure easily what shopping is needed on a weekly basis.

Bloody excel.

Watching Master & Commander.  I sure wish they would have made a few more movies from the series...

Working, it is a very slow night.. counting down the last 2 hrs & stopped here to see what is new and check out some of the news threads

Neolithium said:
Watching Master & Commander.  I sure wish they would have made a few more movies from the series...

Yes a great movie but why do all the good programs start later in the evening ?  :mad:

Takeing a break from studying for ecfat and interview on wed.This should be interesting ive been out of uniform longer then most recruits and instructors have been alive 31yrs to be exact.But at 48 ive reapplyed and keeping fingers crossed.Hopefully this time next yr will be sitting in leapord.

Awaiting CT, awaiting my job interview, awaiting tour, awaiting my new car...

gotta love anticipation.

Neolithium said:

I just watched the Hornblower series again, enjoyable stuff. Master and Commanders was great, the greater of the two weevils!

Doing baking for this Sunday, apple pie, butter tarts, pumpkin spice cake.
We will be celebrating this weekend as my honey will playing in the sandbox by the time the real Thanksgiving rolls around.  Already had one but had to go buy a bigger turkey as it went from 4 into 11 people some of them young, single sappers with VERY hearty appetites.  LOL  Will be there last homecooked meal before they leave.  And I wouldn't want them to leave hungry.  ;D  That would just be wrong!

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Doing baking for this Sunday, apple pie, butter tarts, pumpkin spice cake.
We will be celebrating this weekend as my honey will playing in the sandbox by the time the real Thanksgiving rolls around.  Already had one but had to go buy a bigger turkey as it went from 4 into 11 people some of them young, single sappers with VERY hearty appetites.  LOL  Will be there last homecooked meal before they leave.  And I wouldn't want them to leave hungry.  ;D  That would just be wrong!

It's the season again for pumpkin stuff :) that sounds really good & sounds like you're doing a great job

Getting ready to take my wife shooting, mainly .22 but I brought the AR and the CX-4 Storm along. Also made up some "powderpuff" loads for the Hi-power if she wants to try it.

She did good to, using a 226 with a .22cal sub kit and 10/22 with scope. She is a deliberate shooter and very safe, aware where she is pointing the gun. She shot the .40cal Storm from the hip using a laser.

For some reason, I always had a fear of guns.  ??? That being said, it's on my "bucket list", to educate myself on how to safely shoot and handle them.
:nod:

Since I'm too old now to join the Forces lol... I'll have to make the time in the future to learn somewhere locally??? Anyone have any good suggestions around the London, ON area? I have no idea even where to start! FAC?

gunshy

Although I am sitting at work in between calls.  I am still walking on air as I was extended an offer on Friday (at NOAB) to become an officer in our great Canadian Navy.  Obviously, I accepted and am now waiting for details on how soon I can get back to sunny Victoria.

;D

[/quote]

Just finished watching "WE WERE SOLDIERS" (again). I pray its not true what they say about History repeating its self.

FastEddy said:

Just finished watching "WE WERE SOLDIERS" (again). I pray its not true what they say about History repeating its self.

Belgium Congo.........Rwanda........now Congo again.......Your prayers are falling on deaf ears.

Back