• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Overwatch Downunder said:
Hey egy, do show us some of those pics  :nod:
I tried to post some, but they are not uploading into the gallery, I'm not sure why, but I did post about it on the admin board in the gallery thread.  I'll try to post some when the gallery is being better behaved.

mariomike said:
Did the VVIP arrive, OldSoldier? Any hints? Inquiring minds want to know!
Yes he did arrive, on time, on target.
We were given his blessing.

OldSoldier said:
Yes he did arrive, on time, on target.
We were given his blessing.

The Pope dropped by?  Nice, I hear he brings his own wine, and he always has some mighty fine wine.

Kat Stevens said:
The Pope dropped by?  Nice, I hear he brings his own wine, and he always has some mighty fine wine.

Not quite the Pope.....almost, and no wine.

I'm very tired; not a whole lot of sleep last night (up late for a meeting and was up early this morning).  The meeting was good, very interesting... doesn't usually go on so long, but then there was more topics at hand then usual. 

The muscles of my shoulder-blades have been a pain off and on for weeks... what I wouldn't do for a massage.

That all said; I'm still-a-smiling (black circles under the eyes and all) and I'm looking forward to a very busy weekend; Friday, Sat. and Sun. all look to be early to late long days.

Have a great day everyone.  :)

Well egy, too bad you were not local, ha!

I know this local sports massage therapist (has worked with the Brisbane Broncos AFL), and she has worked wonders (I call them miracles) on my back.

As for me and massages, well I am not good at it at all  ;D . However I do BBQ a wicked wicked very wicked steak!

Cheers,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Well egy, too bad you were not local, ha!

I know this local sports massage therapist (has worked with the Brisbane Broncos AFL), and she has worked wonders (I call them miracles) on my back.

As for me and massages, well I am not good at it at all  ;D . However I do BBQ a wicked wicked very wicked steak!

Cheers,

OWDU

LOL, you're so funny.  I'll keep a massage from the therapist and one of your 'wicked' steaks in mind should I be in your area at some point... not sure I'll ever make it out that way, but who knows. :)

Trying to calm both a hysterical teenage girl, and the poor little bat that gets more and more agitated every time she shrieks like a demented 6 year old.

Kat Stevens said:
Trying to calm both a hysterical teenage girl, and the poor little bat that gets more and more agitated every time she shrieks like a demented 6 year old.
Does the "poor little bat" refer to your wife or an actual wooden bat?

Hang in there, by their mid-twenties most of the once exasperating teens start to smarten up.  If you have more than one daughter, not all girls are like this in their teens, I wasn't, but that's okay because my sister made up for it with her behavior... she was the bad girl (she still is :nod:) and me... well I of course was the good girl (I still am ;D or at least I try to be  :)).

Hang in there!

----------

I just finished cleaning up a big mess.  I dropped the milk bottle (yes, as in a glass milk bottle, that's what my milk comes in) and in my attempt to catch it I knocked over a glass water jug in the fridge.  The water judge emptied out into the fridge and the floor making a big mess.  The milk bottle is one tough bottle, even though it is glass, it didn't break, not even a crack.  With all the water in the fridge I had to empty out the fridge, pull everything out, soak up all the water on all the shelves and in the drawers, dry with cloth towels everything that was in the fridge etc... etc... etc... .  I still have a bit more to do, but it is mostly done.  Not what I was planning to do this morning; espeically since I just cleaned out my fridge recently.  Oh well, a second cleaning shouldn't do any harm, it's all good. :)

If anyone is curious, this is the company I get my milk from: http://www.avalondairy.com/products.html .  See in the picture, the glass bottles.  It's the best milk I have ever had, a little pricey, but very good.

not a harpy wife nor an actual cricket bat.  I'm talking a flying, breathing, bug devouring fledermaus.  He has been humanely removed to a nearby bat box in the yard, once the kid left for school and I gave the little guy an hour to chill out.

Kat Stevens said:
not a harpy wife nor an actual cricket bat.  I'm talking a flying, breathing, bug devouring fledermaus.  He has been humanely removed to a nearby bat box in the yard, once the kid left for school and I gave the little guy an hour to chill out.
Awww... the poor thing, the little guy must have been terrified. 

I haven't seen a bat for ages; when I was a girl we had a lot of them out on the acreage.  One night a bat had got into my room.  Every time the light was turned on it disappeared, when the light went off you could hear it in the room again, but not see it.  Eventually, the bat ended up landing on my head while I was trying to sleep; it got caught in my hair... that woke me up.  The bat was carefully captured and released back outside, unharmed (aside from the fright he must have received from his ordeal).  I also remember another time where one landed on the back or shoulder of someone who came over to visit.  That's all the bat stories I have.  They are neat little creatures.

I'm so glad you were able to humanly take care of the bat. :)

My day is certainly getting better.  Tonight I'm going to Swiss Chalet for supper, a new VS catalogue arrived, I received confirmation for a class I was looking forward to attending (like I need more on my plate, but I'll manage, I'm excited about the course) and I received confirmation for training this Saturday as well.  A pretty good day I'd say!

Have a great day everyone!  :)

egy sárvédő said:
I dropped the milk bottle (yes, as in a glass milk bottle, that's what my milk comes in)

I haven't seen a milk bottle in many years. The man used to leave it in a little hole that was cut in the side wall of the house. I remember it very well, but that must have been 50 years ago? The milkman, I don't remember his name, was immaculate - all in white. What I remember more was the disgusting milkman jokes later in my youth. After the guy had stopped coming around. Every kid in the neighbourhood told those jokes. Being so young, we sort of believed some of them to be true!

mariomike said:
........ Being so young, we sort of believed some of them to be true!

So? You neighbourhood kids D did some speculation on "Family resemblances" did you?

mariomike said:
I haven't seen a milk bottle in many years. The man used to leave it in a little hole that was cut in the side wall of the house. I remember it very well, but that must have been 50 years ago? The milkman, I don't remember his name, was immaculate - all in white. What I remember more was the disgusting milkman jokes later in my youth. After the guy had stopped coming around. Every kid in the neighbourhood told those jokes. Being so young, we sort of believed some of them to be true!

I'm quite a bit younger than you (not young, just younger), but I do remember the milk man delivering milk in glass bottles to my Nana's house when I was a young girl, followed by those horrible plastic bags.  I'm sure you remember the milk bags; what a pain they were... always spilling and if you ever dropped one... ... ... .

The milk in the bottles stays colder because the milk is in a glass bottle instead of a plastic or cardboard container.  I thought it would take me a bit to get use to organic skim milk, but it didn't, I really liked it a lot right away, even more than the non-organic skim milk I was getting before from Dairyland.  I can't say what organic milk from other companies taste like, but the particular brand I get (Avalon) is very good.  I didn't try organic milk from other companies; just so happens that, the first organic dairy company I tried was great, so I figured why mess with a good thing and I have been drinking Organic Skim milk from Avalon ever since.  If you are interested; you could likely request your local market or grocery store to bring some in... also Planet Organic sells Avalon.  There is a $1 deposit for the milk bottles, but when you bring them back (clean) to the store you bought them from, you get your $1 deposit back.

Several years ago I was casting for salmon on the Penetangore River in Kincardine ON and managed to get a small bat all wrapped up in my fishing line. Maybe since he/she got a little wet he/she tried to bite me as I attempted to disentangle he/she but was unable to pierce the skin on my thumb. It took about ten minutes to free him/her. There is a road bridge over the river near where I was fishing and apparently the bats sleep under there and then come out at dusk to feed on flying insects.

tango22a

tango22a said:
Several years ago I was casting for salmon on the Penetangore River in Kincardine ON and managed to get a small bat all wrapped up in my fishing line. Maybe since he/she got a little wet he/she tried to bite me as I attempted to disentangle he/she but was unable to pierce the skin on my thumb. It took about ten minutes to free him/her. There is a road bridge over the river near where I was fishing and apparently the bats sleep under there and then come out at dusk to feed on flying insects.

tango22a

Interesting.  A much better story than what I had to share.  Good great- thank you.

egy sárvédő said:
I'm quite a bit younger than you (not young, just younger), but I do remember the milk man delivering milk in glass bottles to my Nana's house when I was a young girl, followed by those horrible plastic bags.  I'm sure you remember the milk bags; what a pain they were... always spilling and if you ever dropped one... ... ... .

Everybody is quite a bit younger than me now. Years ago I met a man with a much yonger woman who I assumed to be his daughter. A real looker she was too. I guess the guy read my mind, because he blurted out, "She's too young to be my daughter. That's my wife!" hahaha
Yes, I do recall the plastic milk bags. I haven't seen - or thought of - them in years either. Funny all the things you remember as you get older.

mariomike said:
Years ago I met a man with a much younger woman who I assumed to be his daughter. A real looker she was too. I guess the guy read my mind, because he blurted out, "She's too young to be my daughter. That's my wife!" hahaha
At the last SAREX I attended it was thought, by some, that I was in my early twenties, when I'm actually not quite twice that (give or take- not giving an exact; you know how us girls can be about our age).  Personally, I don't think I look as young as what some people have said to me, I feel I look my age or older, but I know several who would disagree and say I look younger and on the other hand I know several who think I look my age.  I guess it is one of those 'in eye of the beholder' type things.  While at the SAREX one of the other girls wanted to 'introduce me' to this guy in his mid-thirties, not only was I not the least bit interested, but when I said 'he was too young' she looked confused; apparently she had thought I was in my twenties... there is no way I look younger than a man in his mid-thirties, I just can't see it, but like I said, it must be one of those 'in the eye of the beholder' type things. 

So yes, I can see how some might think that some guys are maybe robbing the cradle, when they very well may not be.  Some woman do look quite a lot younger than their husband.  For all you know, the wife in the story you mentioned may have been within the same age range as her husband... never know. :) 

Edited to add:
Do you remember the woman who stared in Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman... she always seemed to 'look' at least 1/2 or 1/3 her age.

mariomike said:
Funny all the things you remember as you get older.
Agreed. 

I happen to be easily amused. Life is more fun that way. So, whenever I get bored at work, I grab a pen and  listen to everyone else point out where they have seem "him."

Kilroy2.jpg

Kilroy3.jpg

Kilroy4.jpg

And on the topic of being easily amused:
What's the difference between a Golfer and Skydiver?

The Golfer goes "Whack! 'Darn' "
The Skydiver goes "Darn' Whack!"

Oddball

Back