• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SOPs for Comms Lockdown out of A-stan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnArtyWife

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm incredibly inept with the search function...so far I've come up with only two threads concerning comms lockdowns. I don't know if that is because that is all there is, or if it is because I can't properly use the search function.

At any rate, I'm just wondering if there is a standard timeframe for comms lockdown after an incident in Afghanistan or if it is a case by case basis, ie: until all next of kin are notified and official statement has been released by DND.

I'm wondering this, because this is "our" first tour and I would just like to have an approximate timeframe in which I can expect to not recieve communications from my hubby. I cope best when informed. Therefore I don't work well with the waiting game unless I know how long to wait.

For some reason I have 72 hours in my head...is this a reasonable expectation? No communication for the next three days? I am perfectly fine with that...I just want to be able to be honest with the children when they ask why Daddy hasn't called.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CAW

Comms lockout can last as long as it's required. We know that it is quite hard on spouses/ relatives waiting for word.

The timings/ duration will not be discussed here.

Regards

The Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back