• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Someone Spreading some harsh rumours about the military in Canada

DrSize

Inactive
Reaction score
Read what this woman is going around saying about the military in Alberta......as a future member of the Canadian Forces I took offence to what she had to say....I don't think she should be opening her big mouth like she is doing on a public forum....If   anyone wants the address of the message board this yahoo is posting on please PM me and I will send it to you...These are some extremely serious accusations

Post 1
My sister is in the reserves, stationed in a small town in Alberta.

For quite a while, she has been sexually harassed and ridiculed by her co-workers, who are FINALLY facing disciplinary action. I'm not going to go into details about what they were doing (lest I punch my laptop), but I will say that the animals are ******* LUCKY that I'm in NL right now.

I'm sure anyone who has a kid sister can relate.

Today, I found out that the little bastards sabotaged her car. Had the problem not come to light when it did, she could have been hurt - or worse - on the highway.

The militarys response? Put her on stress leave and ON MEDS! Apparently, they didn't like it when she mentioned a need to buy a baseball bat.

I honestly don't see how tranquilizers helps her at all, should the little bastards decide to take it a step further.
She's now staying with family for PROTECTION! WTF kind of bullshit is that!

I'm vibrating, I don't even know how coherent I'm going to be soon, so I'm cutting this short.

Post 2
My sister and I have some pretty personal experience with the Military Police. I have absolutely NO confidence in their ability / desire to do anything about this.

The MPs have an "old boys club" attitude - it was there when my sister and I were kids, and apparently - given how long this crap went on with her as an adult - it's there now. There were not there to protect us as kids, I have no reason to think that they have her safety in mind now, either.

I doubt that they will even "allow" charges to be laid.

Post 3
I didn't want to say, because it's a small town... but her surname is the same as mine anyway, so I'm sure if someone wanted to find out, they could. She's in Wainwright.

I took the advice and called the MP, they're going to call my sister and talk to her directly.

I was considering going to Edmonton in October on business anyway.. so if it's not resolved by then, I will be.

When I was 12, I lived on a base in Calgary, and the girls almost all compared bruises on a daily basis in gym class. The crap we went through was bad enough that my sister managed to block it all out(must be nice), but I have some pretty bad blood against the MPs as a result. One of my friends was beaten so severely by her stepfather, she almost died. The MPs there, when called (911 pointed at the MP office, not real police), took to threatening adolescent teenage girls, saying that if we "attacked" (read: defended ourselves) our abusers, we would be put in jail. Nice, eh?

I'm still trying to come down off it all, but i have a question. As far as baseball bats go... aluminum or wood?

Now they are two sides to every story and if what this women is claiming has some truth, it really changes my perception of the Canadian Forces...........

Why not post it? If you are going make posts like that you should always include a source.

You show me a work body throughout the world where sexual harrassment does not take placeto some degree or another and I would agree with you. Sexual harassment happens everywhere and while it should not it does happen. Look at the clergy, law enforcement, sports, education it occurs there as well. The military is not perfect and usually these things are taken seriously. Its too bad they had to go through this and hopefully those responsible will be dealt with.

www.heavyweights.net

online forum

off topic section

post is titled LIVID!!!!!

I agree 100%, sexual harrassment does happen everywhere, I guess it just depends on the severity of it.   This woman is coming off like her sister's life could be in danger, I don't think she should be making posts on public forums saying the negative things she is about the Canadian Forces, this may cause people to have misconceptions about the forces.....anyways I am extremely looking forward to my career in the forces and take offence to someone spreading rumours about a future employer of mine...my perception has not changed for the worse, I believe the woman that made this post is a little off her rocker so to speak  

Ex-Dragoon said:
You show me a work body throughout the world where sexual harrassment does not happen to some degree or another and I would agree with you. Sexual harassment happens everywhere and while it should not it does happen. Look at the clergy, law enforcement, sports, education it happens there as well. The military is not perfect and usually these things are taken seriously. Its too bad they had to go through this but it does happen.

No I think she is emotionally involved, its her sister after all and while I don't agree with her I do undestand the motive. The woman wanted/needed to vent and was looking for a sympathetic ear and advice. if it was my wife or sisters or any other family relative I might react the same way.

I have read the thread in question ( thanks for the link ).

These are probably NOT rumours....if perhaps you are able to log into this thread, then you may instruct MarieR to have her sister contact Edmonton garrision and report these activites to some one there... As she does not trust the MP's, then:

1. Medical pers...MO, Social workers etc,
2. Padre
3. Harrasment advisor

or call the member assistance program at:

1-800-268-7708

and report this to them.

Ombudsman would be next, and then RCMP would be a last resort.

BTW for your knowledge Wainwright is Western Area Training Center (WATC). Its home to PPCLI Battle school, and during the summer home of all diffrent sorts of training. It could be anyone, reg or reserve that is employed there.
:cdn:
Actually, rereading the link, it looks like she has seen an MO to get her tranquilizers (so she can sleep at night).

Given the postees relationship with the military, I am not surprised.

Do not feel upset. Canadians are as a society polite and respective of others, but we still have murders etc. The military is just a small slice of society. We have our idiots too. Do not judge what 55000 are because of a few cases of stupidity.

Further, as a leader (I take my job seriously, and perhaps someone should lose thiers....) It is my responsibilty to ensure that such activites as what is happening to the postee's sister does not happen in my work place. Personally, I want to place my highly brush shone cbt boot into a couple persons recum for this.

Finally, I feel for the postee and her sister. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. Until this work place harrasment stuff stops.....

While I believe that the military doesn't need more black eyes, I don't think that an incident like this should be swept under the rug. The people in question are the ones responsible for the behaviour, not the CF itself, and by the sounds of it, the soldiers in question are currently being dealt with.

The CF process of dealing with complaints can often take a while. There is a lot of administration in the military that she's probably not familiar with, and I can understand her frustration. We hear from recruits all the time who are complaining that getting into the military can take the better part of a year. People come on this forum and whine about CFRC every day, so why shouldn't she complain about the way her sister is being treated? I think she has far more cause to be upset.

Back