• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier found guilty of rape wants to serve in Afghanistan

Gap:

Under the proposed legislation (Bill C-18) one of the sections to amend is the way in which the Attorney General can request a sample to be destroyed and removed from the bank.  This would amend the current DNA Identification Act by eliminating the complex and expensive manner in which the AG has to proceed to have a sample removed.  Along with the pardon (once granted), would come the request from the AG to remove the sample.  So to answer your question, yes it would be removed (read not necessarily removed but sealed and only reopened if an additional criminal offence is registered as a conviction) once a pardon was granted and (under the current legislation - the courts granting the AG's request).  The DNA Identification Act is applicable to offenders under designated offences of the Criminal Code and the National Defence Act and the Code of Service Discipline. 

niner domestic said:
Gap:

Under the proposed legislation (Bill C-18) one of the sections to amend is the way in which the Attorney General can request a sample to be destroyed and removed from the bank.  This would amend the current DNA Identification Act by eliminating the complex and expensive manner in which the AG has to proceed to have a sample removed.  Along with the pardon (once granted), would come the request from the AG to remove the sample.  So to answer your question, yes it would be removed (read not necessarily removed but sealed and only reopened if an additional criminal offence is registered as a conviction) once a pardon was granted and (under the current legislation - the courts granting the AG's request).  The DNA Identification Act is applicable to offenders under designated offences of the Criminal Code and the National Defence Act and the Code of Service Discipline. 

Just to make sure I understand that right... The DNA could be used to prove someone who was previously convicted commited another crime, but if they're pardonned, it couldn't be used until after they're convicted again? If all that legislation is passed, anyway.

No way should this guy be sent to Afstan - why give the peaceniks more ammo - "Canada pillages, and now sends rapists" etc.etc.etc.

civmick said:
No way should this guy be sent to Afstan - why give the peaceniks more ammo - "Canada pillages, and now sends rapists" etc.etc.etc.

We could send the RCNR (Royal Canadian Nuns Regiment) and the peaceniks would still whine and bitch about it. Heck, if we withdrew immediately the NDP would find a reason to bitch about that, too.

Canadians opinion of the Canadian Armed Forces will differ from day to day.

One must never forget - that when the Canadian Armed Forces, do right.
                                  no one remembers.
                                  and when the Canadian Armed Forces do wrong.
                                  no one forgets.

Its part and package of wearing the uniform.

While I am well acquainted with the file, I am somewhat restricted about how much detail to fill in.

I shall limit myself to saying that this fella is not entirely the monster that people have painted him out ot be.

WRT the young lady .........

Back