• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier dating air cadet, legal?

Ruffles250

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm 18, and an NCM in the PRes, I've been seeing this girl that's 17 and in air cadets. We're not doing anything too serious right now, but is there any rules prohibiting us having a relationship in the CSD?

There are related rules against compromising your integrity, judgement, authority.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5019-1.page

The Military recognizes the heart wants what the heart wants.  It only asks that you maintain your professional conduct.

Bullshit.  She's a civilian over the age of consent. You're a part time soldier over the age of consent.  As long as there are no PDAs with either of you in uniform, you're fine.

I would stay away when she's actually participating in a cadet activity.

There are items in CATOs that would proscribe contact during an activity.  I have found nothing that would stipulate you can't see her other than that.

NorthAlbertan

Rifleman62 said:
Good on you to ask the question Ruffles250.

What he said... there are a few very famous Generals who didn't have the maturity to ask that questions and/or follow advice and suffered he consequences.

As long you and the Cadet are not part of the same Cadet unit. You are not able to help at the cadet unit will you are dating her.

Back