• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Socks

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
The socks I was issued for Bahrain are out-fucking-standing and over a year and a half later there is no sign of degrdation in the heels or toes after almost daily wear. Is there a reason why we cannot get the same socks in black?

The socks I was issued for Bahrain are out-fucking-standing and over a year and a half later there is no sign of degrdation in the heels or toes after almost daily wear. Is there a reason why we cannot get the same socks in black?
How else are we going to prop up the struggling...er...wool sock industry?

Do people check socks? I'd just wear them anyways.

No issue if you're standing around, have a standing desk, or haven't bothered to tailor the pants you got from Logistek Unicorp and the hem is still piled up at the heel even if you are sitting down.
But it is an issue for those of us who don't want to look like the sheltered challenged dude wandering about Carling Campus! :sneaky:

No issue if you're standing around, have a standing desk, or haven't bothered to tailor the pants you got from Logistek Unicorp and the hem is still piled up at the heel even if you are sitting down.
But it is an issue for those of us who don't want to look like the sheltered challenged dude wandering about Carling Campus! :sneaky:
I may or may not know people who wear civilian socks with just enough black top to look like issued socks.

Personally, I just go through my 5 sets a year of the stockings thin black liner socks.

I may or may not know people who wear civilian socks with just enough black top to look like issued socks.

Personally, I just go through my 5 sets a year of the stockings thin black liner socks.
If you haven't noticed by now I'm a bit of fashionista. The thin pieces of cloth peddled by Logistk don't stay up worth shyte, and it bugs me all to hell when that happens.

Oh well, first world problems eh?

If you haven't noticed by now I'm a bit of fashionista. The thin pieces of cloth peddled by Logistk don't stay up worth shyte, and it bugs me all to hell when that happens.

Oh well, first world problems eh?
The sock liners I have go almost to my knee.

Well played though with the sly bragging about not skipping leg day :sneaky:

Here's your 'solution' ;)

71AATT3FDoL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Do we need to be remined of our failed attempt at a combat bra ?

Which ultimately lead to the yearly bra claims entitlement.

Socks claims perhaps ?

There are some excellent socks on the market. Now in order for the CAF to acquire these socks is simple:

The Procurement system.

They're pretty damn awesome lol
I think mine are going on 4 or 5 years of daily wear and I haven't worn out a single pair yet.

I haven't worn issues socks for about 13 years at this point. These days I wear Tommy Hilfiger socks from Costco that I get for Christmas every year, I have to start throwing away pairs that aren't as suited for use in DEUs because the socks don't wear out as fast I get new pairs.

Some days I feel a bit bold and wear socks with stripes just above the oxfords, to see if anyone notices or comments.

I took this picture at Sears while it was being liquidated:

Screenshot_20230224_164721_Gallery.jpg

We sure do love our garbage!

I haven't worn issues socks for about 13 years at this point. These days I wear Tommy Hilfiger socks from Costco that I get for Christmas every year, I have to start throwing away pairs that aren't as suited for use in DEUs because the socks don't wear out as fast I get new pairs.

Some days I feel a bit bold and wear socks with stripes just above the oxfords, to see if anyone notices or comments.
I'm a big fan of the mark's work warehouse brand sport socks for the same reason; they have some heel padding and last a long time, and some thing like $10/3. The shoes are too uncomfortable to get away with thin dress socks.

I do keep a few pairs of the logistik socks at work for the days where I go in in civvies and forget to wear black socks, so pull those over top. I do like the grey issued socks so sometimes end up with the issued liner over top the issued socks.

I figure go big or go home though if you are going to live dangerously; I have some bright orange, red, or blue socks I'll wear with DEUs on occasion as a bit of a low key bird to the CAF.

I figure go big or go home though if you are going to live dangerously; I have some bright orange, red, or blue socks I'll wear with DEUs on occasion as a bit of a low key bird to the CAF.
I sometimes wonder how long it would take for someone to notice if one were to wear Chelsea boots in DEU.

86917aa5-998b-4818-b0aa-3b701bc514d9.jpeg

Back