• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So...who's the "senior" shellback around here?

x-grunt

Reaction score
I was looking at Spr. Earl's   thread The World, and I started to wonder if I will become the Navy's senior shellback if my re-enlistment is successful. >:D

I crossed the line in Algonquin 28 years ago today, on 27 Feb 1977. I was only 17, a real raw pup.

Lost all my pics in a house fire some years back. if you have any crossing pics let's see 'em!

Crossed in 1981 on the Gatineau.  I will check for some pictures.

Love to see'em, kincanucks.

Has the newer, kinder PC Navy put any dampers on the hell-raising when Crossing the line? I hope not. It was some party. Took me forever to get the grease outa what was left of my semi-shaved hair, though.

x-grunt said:
Love to see'em, kincanucks.

Has the newer, kinder PC Navy put any dampers on the heck-raising when Crossing the line? I hope not. It was some party. Took me forever to get the grease outa what was left of my semi-shaved hair, though.

I have heard that they have calmed them down a bit.  I don't think the bears spend too much time hunting down the weak ones anymore.  I thought it was good fun and I certainly swallowed a fair share of an unique concoction that was gently pushed down my throat.

Back