• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So, what do you do with your free time?

Lil_T

Inactive
Reaction score
I know someone out there must have some.  I'm finally about to have some real free time for the first time in about 2 years and I don't know what to do with it (other than catching up on housework and going to the gym). 

I'm curious to see what everybody else does.  :D

Read, watch TV, do crosswords, spend time online, drink......not necessarily in that order.  ;)

Lang75 said:
Free time? What is this alien concept?

I am not quite sure.... which is why I'm so curious as to what you're supposed to do with it.

Rest and get ready for the next shift.  I used to work a lot of overtime. There's always been plenty available. It's amazing how much a blue collar guy can make if he enjoys putting in lots of hours.   
I've been going to a lot of retirements and funerals in recent years. "Natural causes", they say. 
My wife makes sure I stay active.  We play on darts teams two nights a week, swim, bowl, go for walks. I have a pond,  a river and a lake in my area. She likes to entertain. We should, but do not go to church. I used to love reading, but haven't done much lately. We enjoy our new TV. 
I enjoy seeing my son whenever I can. My only real regret is that I didn't spend more time with him when I had the chance.

Free time ???

Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.  :blotto:

Any down time that I have usually costs me big bucks  :crybaby:

I have a good time... till VISA/MC comes in the mail  :p

I'm going to miss that too.  (spending time with the baby - the oldest doesn't want to hang with me anymore)  But he's starting daycare next week, and I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not going to be chasing him around as much anymore.  

I think I'm going to spend more time at the gym and my house is going to be really really really clean.  Who knows, I might even have time to start practising my ruck marching.  
Going to TRY to avoid retail therapy.  Key word: try.

Very nice!  Something the husband would be pretty keen on - he's a big history buff.

Wonderful site Micheal! Very informative and also useful in assisting me with my spare time endeavor, genealogy.  :)

xBox, interweb, PT, constantly learning about all sorts of things (like, did you know that President Theodore Roosevelt was a black belt in Jujitsu?), and planning.

Oh, and I like to cook a bit too.

Hummm, well since I left the Regs, I do have lots of free time. On 21/22 Feb, a mate and I have a table at the Brisbane Gun Show, so that should be good. Just moving some stuff no longer required, some Indonesian TNI Pindad M7 bayonets, some boots, genuine VN issue AR15 bi-pods with original cases etc, plus pouches and webbing, overall crap I no longer need.  

About to start with a Reserve Unit in a matter of weeks, but have not quite made up my mind which one. No rush I am enjoying my Tuesday nights and weekends.

I also spend time locally at the beach at Woorim or Banksia Beach, and doing local stuff you can find on here www.bribie.com.au which is where I live. Afterall this is Queensland. Beautiful one day, perfect the next.

SCUBA diving, recreational shooting, swimming at home, doing stuff around the house/yard, and entertaining my two Siamese cats keeps me busy, plus a new woman in my life keeps many nights occupied too. Hard to believe only a few weeks left of summer now.

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Hummm, well since I left the Regs, I do have lots of free time. On 21/22 Feb, a mate and I have a table at the Brisbane Gun Show, so that should be good. Just moving some stuff no longer required, some Indonesian TNI Pindad M7 bayonets, some boots, genuine VN issue AR15 bi-pods with original cases etc, plus pouches and webbing, overall crap I no longer need.  

About to start with a Reserve Unit in a matter of weeks, but have not quite made up my mind which one. No rush I am enjoying my Tuesday nights and weekends.

I also spend time locally at the beach at Woorim or Banksia Beach, and doing local stuff you can find on here www.bribie.com.au which is where I live. Afterall this is Queensland. Beautiful one day, perfect the next.

SCUBA diving, recreational shooting, swimming at home, doing stuff around the house/yard, and entertaining my two Siamese cats keeps me busy, plus a new woman in my life keeps many nights occupied too. Hard to believe only a few weeks left of summer now.

OWDU

threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

;D

Wes, ya keep talking like that, ya just may have to throw up a recruiting link... And you would not be the first Canadian joining the Aus army either from what I understand.

Keep safe, and show that young lass some proper Canadian hosptitality!

;D

A bit of metal detecting and bee keeping. But neither one is possible right now with the temperature down around -17C. But when it warms up this weekend the bees will be active tossing the carcasses of the dead out their front door.

Say it in one word  "Geocaching.com".  Hide and seek with a GPSr.  Can be done in the city/town, hiking trails, or deep in the woods.

Teeps74 said:
Wes, ya keep talking like that, ya just may have to throw up a recruiting link... And you would not be the first Canadian joining the Aus army either from what I understand.
Teeps,  I hope you realise that Wes has just completed a career in the Australian Regular Army.

Back