• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So what are your plans for the Labour Day Weekend?

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Seeing as the site is going to be down for the majority of it due to the big move I figured I'd ask the question before the monkey on our collective backs gets out of hand.

So what are your plans?

Regards

Small party/BBQ at the home of a former Sgt in my unit who just graduated from Ontario Police College as an OPP Constable once 9erD gets off work, then I'm headed down to Peterborough Armoury for the 5th Annual "Chinaman Loves Himself Party", which is a birthday party for Cpl Mark McLaren who was KIA in Afghanistan last year.

The story goes something like this - the first party he planned himself since apparently everyone forgot it was his birthday didn't have anything done.  It was a great success.  The following year, he didn't make it as he was on work up training for 3-06, I think he made the third party, the fourth he was on 3-08.  Since his presence isn't actually required it was decided by his friends to continue on the tradition.  It should be a good time.

Beyond that I'm planning a trip to the range for the first time in a while to get some quality pistol shooting in, and I might see about going to the air show in Toronto to see all the zoomies try to impress people.  Apparently the Blue Angels are there this year, which is pretty interesting, I saw them perform in the states a couple of years ago, quite impressive.

Heading back to Kingston at "end of duty" today.  On Saturday, my sister is passing through on her way to pick up her new sheltie puppy in Oshawa.  She is going to drop off my Dad who is visiting from Moncton.  When she returns from Oshawa, my other sister (and her husband and daughter) will probably be at the house and we are all going to have supper, cooked by my wonderful hubby!!

As for the rest of the weekend, hopefully just relaxing and catching up on some much needed rest.  :nod:

A bit of reading, a bit of watching movies on DVD, a bit of baking, and a lot of lounging.

Have a safe weekend, all!

Tonight heading into the city with MRS EITS, off to visit "the motherland" (aka PEI) early tomorrow morning for a family picnic with the in-laws, visit with friends and family as well as a night of camping on the North shore (last time this summer no doubt), then back to good ol NS late Sunday night.  Monday is supposed to be really nice, so plans for the day include a hike of Taylor Head starting early in the a.m., an afternoon at Martinique Beach, a BBQ and maybe a sunset at Peggy's Cove.

Good thing I have a Jetta TDI w/1000km/tank of fuel!

I have to say that this weekend is pretty much adding up to the only full weekend of nice weather we've had here in NS all summer and I am pretty happy to have it. 

Hope everyone has a great Labour Day Weekend! 

Greatest piece of technology I own.  Except for when it doesn't work right.  Or gets high miles.

Timing belt replacement - $1000 at 160K
Cooling fan, thermostat, and heater hoses after epic failure was another grand a few weeks ago... but that's life I guess.

Eye In The Sky said:
Good thing I have a Jetta TDI w/1000km/tank of fuel!

Regiment Band trip to Barriere BC for the rodeo. I didn't even know they had a rodeo...

When you've been laid off for 6 months, every day's a vacation, so, not much, maybe cook about 15 lbs of ribs that have been sitting in freezer for a while.

Me,

Change mower blade, and cut the grass, but its supposed to rain.

Get groceries.

Trim palm fronds.

Swim.

Take in a movie here http://www.bribiemovies.com.au/

Saturday night, go to a mates and check out his boat.

Its just after 0200 h now, and as usual can't sleep.

There is no Labour day in September here, just another weekend.

Hope everyone has fun.

OWDU

"labour" day is right.  She who must be obeyed wants to do a thorough cleaning and re-arranging of the house this weekend.  So schlepping furniture and applying elbow grease hither and yon is the order of the day.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Me,

Change mower blade, and cut the grass, but its supposed to rain.

Get groceries.

Trim palm fronds.

Swim.

Saturday night, go to a mates and check out his boat....

Almost, but not QUITE like a Canadian weekend, right?

Take care!

Ya, gotta trim them palm fronds, some are touching the roof, and that means small marsupial mice may be getting in my roof via the roofing tiles. No shingles here.

Its spring, so other fronds are turning brown and need to be trimmed.

I'll have to send two Siamese sentinals on a 'search and destroy' in the attic. I do this every so often, and they love it.

Pool temp is 22C, not bad for day 5 of the spring of 2009. METEP today is 26C and rain.

Cheers,

Wes

Overwatch Downunder said:

Which movie Wes? "Public Enemies" is the one I would pick. This will be my first Labour Day as a pensioner.

Correct mate.

You can get pensioner rates there too, ha!

Cheers,

Wes

Labour Day Weekend......I WANT SUMMER BACK!!!  It went by way too fast, but, I must say the weather here in Edmonton has been fantastic this last week or two.

Tomorrow we are having "German Night"!!  Woo Hoo!!

All the guy/gals and their spouses (about 20) from my hubby's section over for a big feast of escargots, schnitzel, spaetlze, pork roast in jaeger sauce, cucumber salad, red cabbage salad, apple spice cake and maybe a little beer or wine.  ;D

Have to have a big shindig, before they head over to play in the sandbox in the next few weeks.  I'm sure this will be one of the last homecooked meals for some of the single guys until they are back from tour.  I have heard rumours that there are already some drooling sappers in anticipation of said event.  :)  Want to make it a good one!

And the next few days, probably recovering from a little hangover, cleaning up and just general laziness.

Hope all have a good and safe weekend.  :cdn:

Hopefully doing the siding on my new garage........................that is if Home Depot isn't ANOTHER week late with it. ::)

With the site down at least one distraction is gone. ;D

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Tomorrow we are having "German Night"!!  Woo Hoo!!
The only way to have a good "German Night" is to go to your Polish neighbour's house and take it over
>:D

(Have a great weekend)

Tackling the Crossfit workout "Angie" tonight with my buddy, then hitting the pool to fitness check or swimming and treading abilities.

+1 to Kat, ribs are a must this weekend.

I hope that you all have a very enjoyable long weekend.

Me...I will be working all 3 days...strapped to a friggin headset at a call center.

I feel like I can't get back in uniform fast enough.

Enjoy your ribs, Kat.

Steve
:cdn:

Back