• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So umh, wheres my sign?

Bog-Trotter

Inactive
Reaction score
Now, well, here's the deal. Looking for a large "road sign" that went for a walk back in the day, about '88 during a party in Ottawa. Said sign, commemorating the Battle of Culloden in Scotland had been ahem, aquired, by my old man in about '67 during a little Argus trip to Ice Station Kilo.

Said sign was ahem, "aquired", from my wall as stated about '88. Now, er, um, the individual who "accidentally" put said sign (about 50lbs and solid steel) in their pocket is well known. However, said individual was rather "squirrely" even at that time(when the term secret squirrel didn't even exist in Canuckistan) and, therefore, has been rather hard to find. Google ain't my friend, in this instance, other than to note that said individual was last known to be in Turkey a short time ago sporting 3 full bars.

Those from the PPCLI or CAR would know this Gentleman as a Downhomer by the initials E.H. A true ring knocker, it was probably his graduation from RRMC that sent it to the civvy side :nod:. Buddy has all the snakeater tabs and I watched his truck while he was doing said courses. Left Pet about '90 to throw other silly buggers out of perfectly serviceable airplanes over Edmonton. Any info would be particularly appreciated, as said sign was originally "aquired" for my mother whose ancestors were on the front lines at said battle.

http://www.commando.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5046&g2_imageViewsIndex=1
front row, second from left, Course 9006 Boss.

Oh, and if EH is here, carbon is still floating around the folks' house after you almost burnt it down by burning my cowboy hat after Levee in '90(?) in Montreal. :facepalm:

PMs fine, even a PM for phone #.

Cheers,

edited twice 'cause I'm friggin' anal, OK. And to protect the innocent.

Back