• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Snowbirds fly over London, Ont. Tuesday to honour June 6 attack victims

Lots of flame coming out of your ass during the fly-past.

Just saying.
Afterburner was requested by the organization and the JTAC on the ground (he directed afterburner as I got to within a quarter mile from the stadium. I stayed below the prescribed speed limit of 500 knots.

But for those few that we could accommodate, well, they meant a lot in many ways. They gave back something to local communities (whose inhabitants paid for our machines and salaries), they inspired kids to join, and they demonstrated that we cared. I always told kids that, if they wanted to do this themselves, they should first work very hard in school, set goals, and never lose sight of them.
The best one I recall was for an Indigenous community. We buzzed around the village a few times, and they let classes out to see us. We got a nice email from the principal (who I assumed requested the fly by) afterwards.

But as Loachman said, we were doing the flight already and we had already done the training we needed. In the grand scheme of things, it was no more skin off our back but I bet those kids thought it was super cool.

The worst thing for any crew was getting such e-mails when no flyby had been officially requested or tasked, especially when they were well off of the most direct, or other justifiable, route.

Wing Commanders do not take kindly to e-mails like those.

Afterburner was requested by the organization and the JTAC on the ground (he directed afterburner as I got to within a quarter mile from the stadium. I stayed below the prescribed speed limit of 500 knots.
It was cool. I have always been a supporter of fly-pasts.

I did a fly past and short stop static display, enroute to a tasked mission; all requested and approved per the orders of the day. Cost maybe a couple hundred bucks for the extra time to start up again, but for the 500+ Canadian and American Viet Nam vets camping together for the weeked , getting flown over by a (Twin) Huey and touching one up close 25+ years later, tears and all, it was well worth it. Heck, I’d have personally paid for the extra fuel if the rules said so.

The answer, shawn5o, as others have repeatedly said is: it stops when request is not approved. Full stop.

If you think there should be a review of the air display approval process, feel free to contact your local MP and have them note their concerns to the MND.

7E1AFBA1-75DF-4C3C-B270-2EDB3F9A20B1.jpeg

Back