• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Slow contact time?

I

inferno

Hey, not to be impatient or anything.
My question is, I have emailed 2 times, called about 3 times, and filled out an application twice.

I have done this over a period of 15 business days.

I don‘t want to be too pushy, but it‘s been a month and I sort of wanted to get some info, and apply to join right away.

Anyone know why this would take so long? I am applying for regular forces, not reserve.

Thank you. :D

They can always blow you off on the phone, they are very busy, you have to take the time to go there and speak to a recruiter even if you have to take time off work. Do it fast because apps can take a while. :cam:

yea, like Bornmilitary said, the best way to do it is to actually go down there an talk to a recruiter

It takes about a month for your medical to get processed by CFB Borden, so they just might not have any information for you yet.

LOL; I remember I handed my papers in September 2000, I swore in February 2001.

I handed in my papers about 2 weeks ago right to the recruiter..

Im hoping I will get a call within the next month or two to do the phyiscal/med/interview/cfat.

hihi, if I fail the PT... can I apply again? or they can let me do the PT like a month later?

Good point.
The problem is my nearest recruiting center is a 2 hour drive away.

Yes, I can and WOULD love to go out and bother them in person. I would rather do that.

However my car is a lease, and is now $0.12 per KM I drive now. (I already owe $1,500 on overages)
The gas = $20
Kilo overages = $40

Thus, ONE trip out there will cost me $60, at LEAST. If I pack a lunch etc.
That‘s $60 I don‘t have, and no one can lend me.

So you can see my hesitation. I would go down and bother them. But if they can‘t be bothered to talk on the phone, who says they will in person.

That‘s all I am saying.

what do you do if the recrue. is out till late july, the office is locked, and they have your app.? the office being CSCOTR B company. The actual CFRC is a couple hours drive away. and they dont have my app. anyways...

Hey Inerno! Don‘t worry about the gas money, they reimburse you fully for your expenses. I have a bus pass and they still paid my fare. We have unlimited petty cash in the military, but no money for the actual forces.

They wont reimburse me if I am not in the CF yet, by any means.

BTW: I just got a call from the recruiters. :)
Getting packages in the mail etc.
Nice to hear from them. Apparently they had computer problems all week and no one came out to fix them.

The trick with a CFRC is to a) find out who is working on your file, and b) keep on them.

A month after you put in an application, start making phone calls.

When they say your medical will be back in two weeks, call them in two weeks. Gentle persuasion ;)

And, if you can, go and meet your clerk. It‘s always good to be remembered.

An average CIC enrolment can take over a year. I was in after 14 weeks. Granted, we don‘t have the fitness test or CFAT, but it shouldn‘t take them over a month to call you back after you submit your application.

Don‘t be afraid to call or ask questions!

-R

Back