• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Skydex Helmet Pad Kit - LOTS of pictures

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Skydex kit or any similar product is available on the ground in Afghanistan?

When I was there on 1-06 there was no skydex or similar system available. American issue helmets already come with a pad system and as such there is little need for the PX to sell pads.

GDawg said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Skydex kit or any similar product is available on the ground in Afghanistan?

Whilst they may not be available for purchase locally, we do ship to deployed addresses all the time.  Also, shipping on all orders to deployed addresses (Stn Forces Belleville, ON) is free.

Matt_Fisher said:
Whilst they may not be available for purchase locally, we do ship to deployed addresses all the time.  Also, shipping on all orders to deployed addresses (Stn Forces Belleville, ON) is free.

Excellent, thanks for the speedy reply! I'm on embarkation and I just realized I forgot something pretty important.

FYI female types:

I just got a Skydex kit and installed it.

The fiancee tried it and she wants one too now. Apparently the issued systems pulls her hair and doesn't really work for her, long hair and all.

No such issues with Skydex.

Okay this pad system is worth it's weight in gold.

Took a tumble off the top of a Bison yesterday on Ex, landing on my head and I was able to walk away.

Another fellow in my Squadron and I had our heads knocked together during the fireman carry phase of the BFT late last year (both of us being carried in opposite directions). He (no Skydex) was in some discomfort for a while, I (Skydex) was just laughing.

045.jpg

Finally got the picks up

I rearrnaged the pads to fit the Peltors better -- not a big deal with the Vehicle headsets
048.jpg

but the issue does come up with the Peltors so re-arrnaging them is a good idea
077a.jpg

Sweet pics, Kev, but when are you going to put that info into the Stoner direct impingement thread you promised? ;)

I have a cross country drive to Ottawa starting tomorrow (from Edmonton with a full tailer on my truck)  after that (circa 14-15th)hopefully I can get Mudgunner and Cobra6 in on it too (perhaps even MG34)
  Sorry for the wait - I had been actually earning my money on this roto.

Sounds good. At least you're making some money... I wish i could be on class B

Infidel-6 said:
045.jpg

Finally got the picks up

I rearrnaged the pads to fit the Peltors better -- not a big deal with the Vehicle headsets

That set up is a good idea, that void must give some good ventilation. I just picked mine up today I'm going to try and set them up the same way (to bad I cant get a goochy helmet like that yet ;) ). I'll put some picks up when I'm done putting them in.

:cheers:

I wasn't able to get a proper pattern that offered ventilation and stability so I opted for different pattern instead, but its comfy as having a heavy pillow on your head, these brain bucket pads are beyond cats a$$  8)

Plus!! if I'm wearing it, you can't even tell that I have the pads in, so those "70's" era Sgt. majors wont be able to give me a hard time LOL  ;D

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to get pictures on this site :mad:, I'm still pretty new to this site LOL, if some one could let me know how to insert pics let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

I attended CANSEC this year in Ottawa and made my way to the CP Gear stand.  Skydex Sales and Business Developement Manager was there.  My friends and I got to talk to him and he gave us the helmet pad set and retention system to try out in our helmets. We asked why he would just give them to us. He simply stated that we are the ones who are the pointy end who face the risk and deserved something that would reduce the strain on us.

Wow, that is impressive.. kudos to them.  I hope they have plans for getting that system recognized and approved for use here in Canada (officially, that is)

ProPatria031 said:
P.S. I couldn't figure out how to get pictures on this site :mad:, I'm still pretty new to this site LOL, if some one could let me know how to insert pics let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Host the pics on a host site such as www.imageshack.us , then copy the url that says something like "direct link to image" (found at bottom of the page), then come back to this site and paste that url in between
. That should show your pics. I for one would like to see how you placed your pads.

My install is exactly the same, right down to the velcro for the helmet cover.  I put velcro on both side of the plastic tabs of the helmet cover to facilitate the addition of a scrim net.  Fits like a glove, feels like a dream, best money I have spent on kit so far.  Will post pics later.

RCR Grunt said:
My install is exactly the same, right down to the velcro for the helmet cover.  I put velcro on both side of the plastic tabs of the helmet cover to facilitate the addition of a scrim net.  Fits like a glove, feels like a dream, best money I have spent on kit so far.  Will post pics later.
I was thinking of doing that (velcro on cover tabs to facilitate scrim net) but I've been told since I got here 10 months ago "No scrim net", so I haven't bothered yet.

In addition to facilitating a scrim net, I'm also able to remove and replace the helmet cover without removing the pads or the velcro discs used to install them.  So when winter ex rolls around, I can go to the whites; when deployment comes around, I can go arid; when my TW cover goes ratty, I can exchange it; and when I wanna play scuba-ninja, I can just remove it.

Back