• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site Administration Site upgrade, please report problems

Pertains to site upgrades, performance, and general operation
Is it just me or is anybody else having difficulty accessing the shortcut icons in the posting area? I can't change colour, text, quote or add images.

Is it just me or is anybody else having difficulty accessing the shortcut icons in the posting area? I can't change colour, text, quote or add images.
I think it is just you.

Large amount of text however does give me issues at times with that.

I can’t delete my post anymore. Tried within 30 seconds of posting and there’s no option that I can find.

Not sure if its me or an issue with the "Trust this device for 30 days" checkbox, but I just had to enter my 2nd factor authentication again and the last time I did it was only 8 days ago.

Not sure if its me or an issue with the "Trust this device for 30 days" checkbox, but I just had to enter my 2nd factor authentication again and the last time I did it was only 8 days ago.
8 days ago?

1643044904052.gif
On my iPhone it’s at lost 1 day, sometimes multi 2FA per day. Laptop seems good though for the full 30.

I can’t delete my post anymore. Tried within 30 seconds of posting and there’s no option that I can find.
The 24 hour window isn't an option in the current forum software. I'd suggest you haven't been able to delete your posts for over a year now.

8 days ago?

View attachment 68226
On my iPhone it’s at lost 1 day, sometimes multi 2FA per day. Laptop seems good though for the full 30.
If you're using a VPN, changing networks a lot, or using private browsing, that may cause a 2FA re-prompt ahead of schedule. The system tries to determine if there's anything risky possibly happening, and often gets it wrong.

If you're using a VPN, changing networks a lot, or using private browsing, that may cause a 2FA re-prompt ahead of schedule. The system tries to determine if there's anything risky possibly happening, and often gets it wrong.
Mike, it’s with private browsing on iOS, so that’s likely it. Not a problem. Keeps my thumbs nimble. 😆

Mike. I find today there seems to be a small lag (maybe two to three seconds) from when a new page opens up until I can take control of it with my mouse. Usually I can grab a page immediately.

Wolf

Hmmm at no point should a site cause your system to slow down so much you can’t control the mouse. Are all sites like that or just Army.ca? If it’s all sites, you should check the Performance tab of Task Manager, you may be running low on memory or have high disk use.

Might also be a good idea to run Microsoft Defender to ensure you don’t have anything unexpected going on (e.g. web crypto miners.)

Hmmm at no point should a site cause your system to slow down so much you can’t control the mouse. Are all sites like that or just Army.ca? If it’s all sites, you should check the Performance tab of Task Manager, you may be running low on memory or have high disk use.

Might also be a good idea to run Microsoft Defender to ensure you don’t have anything unexpected going on (e.g. web crypto miners.)
It was just your site. I checked various sites once I noticed it wasn't going away. - BUT - this morning everything is back to working normally here.

🤷‍♂️

Back