• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Simulating the weight of a full 30rd magazine

Northern Touch

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, didn't really know where to posts this but ah well.

Im wondering if anybody knows of anything which can accuratly simulate the weight of a full 30rd magazine of 5.56.  Im wondering because sometimes when I go for runs, ill throw my Tac Vest on under a jacket to simulate having the weight of a fighting load while running (because obviously, you'll be running with it if your ever in battle) but if you have a Tac Vest you'll know how those mag pouchs are good for pretty muhc only mags.  So im just wondering if anyone has any good ideas or knows of ways to be able so simulate that weight of 4 full mags on my chest so I can add some weight when i run.  Thanks guys.

Cheers

buy some of those soft flexible hand weights  and stick them in the mag pouches. that should do the trick
. have fun

That's a hell of an idea. :salute:

When Col K came to Comd the Airborne Regt in the early 90's, he tasked the mat techs to fabricate flat iron weight 'sandwiches' to simulate the weight of full mags.  These where issued to all troops in the Regt and where mandatory on all training that did not include blank or live ammo.  It really added a new 'dimension' to web gear shuffles for PT.

Use your imagination and you will be fine.

I've still got mine.

I don't know about the mag pouches, but a buddy of mine that was in 3RCR used to run holding onto socks with a couple cans of vegetables in each sock to simulate the weight of the rifle. He said it worked well. As excoelis said, use your imagination, even if what you put in there is a little heavier than a loaded mag, train hard and fight easy right?

Cheers

why worry about it being the same weight? 
go for something heavyier, that way when your are carrying a real combat load of water/mags/ammo/frags you'll feel all light on your toes

Don't forget your body armor  :dontpanic:

(get a scuba diving weight belt... you can add and remeove weights as needed)

pappy said:
why worry about it being the same weight?  
go for something heavyier, that way when your are carrying a real combat load of water/mags/ammo/frags you'll feel all light on your toes

Don't forget your body armor    :dontpanic:

(get a scuba diving weight belt... you can add and remeove weights as needed)

Ya, I'm not as much concerned about the weight as I am trying to find something that will adequatly fit into the mag pouch's on the TV, other then mags.

Try cutting pieces of stiff packaging foam in the rough shape of a magazine (to fit snugly in the pouch), cut an elongated 't' shaped hole through the side of the 'mag' and insert three rolls of pennies, wrap tape around the whole, and you have a good weighted replica of a full magazine.

I've used these for years and they work well.

Recce 9C said:
Try cutting pieces of stiff packaging foam in the rough shape of a magazine (to fit snugly in the pouch), cut an elongated 't' shaped hole through the side of the 'mag' and insert three rolls of pennies, wrap tape around the whole, and you have a good weighted replica of a full magazine.

I've used these for years and they work well.

Nice,
I think I have found another thing to add to the "to do" list for next weekend. Just in time for my next ruck march

GF

Back