• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Ops - Advanced MOC Opportunities?

lukek22

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got accepted and start my BMQ in a month, and I've been wondering, what are the odds of receiving an advanced moc course within the trade?  Does this happen often?  Do your responsibilities change substantially, or do you simply become acredited for extra knowledge?  I read on the recruiting site multiple options are available for advanced mocs, but what are ones chances of getting one and how does it affect your job, if at all?

Thanks alot,

Luke

I would say that your odds depended on how long you stayed in.  The longer you stay in beyond your Basic Engagement, the better your odds on receiving an "Advanced MOC Course".  Now depending on what that exactly means, you could take computer networking courses, Satellite Communication courses, Video conferencing courses, Cryptographic courses, the sky is the limit really.  Sometimes it all depends on being at the right place at the right time.

Don't worry though, if you stay in long enough, there will be a time when you forget what a tactical radio is.

Advanced MOC courses seems to me to be a pretty broad concept.  Line Maintainers might go to Florida to take a bonding and grounding course, or receive thourough fibre optics training, is this advanced?  The 6a's for Sgt's might be considered advanced MOC training.  Regardless, it is certain that as your career progresses, you will constantly be upgraded via courses, on the job training and personally motivated research.  If this is what you mean, almost every soldier receives constant training in an upward spiral that builds on the foundation you will lay in Basic, and on your SQ.  Like the previous poster stated: the longer you stay in, the more you will get out of it.

I believe he is refering to the advanced training ops that are listed on the recruiting site such as jump courses and such.

i believe vaino is right.  but it also depends on postings, i got a lot more gucci courses out of my current posting than any previous postings.  frequency management, crypto indoc, video conferencing stuff like that.  with the battalions, the 031s come first and CSS next.

Back